Author Topic: Thorn V Spa.  (Read 38328 times)

leftpoole

Re: Thorn V Spa.
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 04:53:13 pm »
yip its gonna be the club tour as soon as i get the dosh half way there  ;)
thanks lads.

anto.
Anto
To make certain of the message Dan posted-I owned two Club Tours (Winter and Summer). Fell very ill as you know.
What was the first bike I built after regaining some better health? Answer, a Thorn Club Tour!
Truthfully though, I would not be very likely to buy the latest version with the extra lump for disc brake on the rear stay.. I do think however for yourself that there may be a couple of smaller older model frames still available. You might however want rear disc brake.
Keep on keeping on, but do not divert from the way ahead.
John

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 05:55:10 pm »
Have a look at the van go force 10 something something 200+... Can't remember the name. Looks very good and half the price of the hilleberg tents.

You're right! The Force 10 Nitro Lite looks very similar to the Nallo 2 GT that I have been leaning towards, and is even 5cm taller where it matters. Amazingly, it would save over 1kg of weight!

But at £500, it's actually MORE expensive than the Hilleberg, no? (My Hilleberg website prices come up in $).

Still, it's now on my list for further study, if I can get my hands on one.

jags

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »
John i'm not really interestd in disc brakes but if i have no choice then so be it i can still use V-brakes on it cant i.
wonder would Dave know if theres older club tours hiding in some corner that would fit me.
emm should i message him. ;) i can't afford it yet but i could send a good amount of money as a deposit..

jags

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 06:11:11 pm »
You're right! The Force 10 Nitro Lite looks very similar to the Nallo 2 GT that I have been leaning towards, and is even 5cm taller where it matters. Amazingly, it would save over 1kg of weight!

But at £500, it's actually MORE expensive than the Hilleberg, no? (My Hilleberg website prices come up in $).

Still, it's now on my list for further study, if I can get my hands on one.
did you look at exped tents some nice one's.but i could not advise i'm no expert on tents.

Chris M

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 06:13:10 pm »

jags

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »
thanks chris i'll pop over there now, cheers

jags

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2014, 06:18:29 pm »
Good one, Chris.

Jags, would the 485S (20 inch) do you? It is a lovely shade of British Racing Green.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/thorn-club-tour-frame-and-fork-set-prod7579/
i think this would fit going to get my son to get measureing tape out ;)
i wonder would they hold it for me .
thanks chris i'm that bit closer.

jags.

Chris M

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »
No problem jags, thats the same size frame I have and I find it's a good fit for me at a shade under 5' 6" with a 105mm stem.

jags

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:28 pm »
Good one, Chris.

Jags, would the 485S (20 inch) do you? It is a lovely shade of British Racing Green.

Best,

Dan.
Dan sjs reckons i need the 52.5s in the audax,so what do you reckon,

jags

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 06:27:42 pm »
No problem jags, thats the same size frame I have and I find it's a good fit for me at a shade under 5' 6" with a 105mm stem.

so we are the same height chris.man i almost feel embarrised asking sjs will they take a deposit on it  :-[
what to do what to do.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2014, 06:27:49 pm »
Dan sjs reckons i need the 52.5s in the audax,so what do you reckon,
If you ask again about the Club Tour sizes (rather than Audax), be sure to specify you'll be using drops. Maybe the shorter (seat tube) but longer (top tube) frame would work? Dunno.

Dunno if it will make any difference to you, jags, but I do see the thumbnail pic of the rear dropouts shows just a single eyelet.

As for asking...if you don't ask, you'll never know.

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:29:48 pm by Danneaux »

Chris M

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

Dunno if it will make any difference to you, jags, but I do see the thumbnail pic of the rear dropouts shows just a single eyelet.

Best,

Dan.

I phoned and spoke to Lisa before buying mine and looking at the same picture, she said they now had two eyelets (mine has), worth checking though beforehand if it matters to you.

jags

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2014, 06:35:51 pm »
so rack and mudguards fit in one eyelet should be fine.or am i missing something.

Chris M

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 06:39:10 pm »
so rack and mudguards fit in one eyelet should be fine.or am i missing something.

Thats my understanding jags (if it only has one eyelet), or use a thorn rack and attach the mudguard to that.