Author Topic: Thorn V Spa.  (Read 38329 times)

jags

Re: Thorn V Spa.
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2014, 06:47:20 pm »
chris i have a tubus rack just waiting to be fitted  ;D
ok so who at sjs should i email about that frame .

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2014, 06:50:33 pm »
so rack and mudguards fit in one eyelet should be fine.or am i missing something.
For lighter touring with reasonable loads, you should be fine hanging both rack and mudguards from the same eyelet.

Where it becomes important is touring with larger, heavier loads. The longer bolts required to hold both stays and rack can lead to shearing under expedition loads. This (and convenience) is why touring bikes intended for heavier loads have double eyelets. It is also why expedition bikes like the Nomad have 6mm fasteners -- that extra bit of design to ensure reliability.

For the kind of touring you intend, I see no problem with just a single set of eyelets if that is all the frame has.

If your Tubus rack is not an Evo model, it may include a mounting point for the fender stays as well. This will provide a second mount, as would a Thorn rack (as Chris observed).

Best,

Dan.

Chris M

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2014, 06:51:30 pm »
Lisa was a great help when I was trying to decide if the frame was right for me, she gets my vote.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2014, 06:52:28 pm »
Lisa was a great help when I was trying to decide if the frame was right for me, she gets my vote.
Seconded; Lisa's a gem and a half!  ;D

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2014, 07:09:43 pm »
ok email sent nothing beats a try but a failure  ;D ;D

my son just measured me in my bare feet  honest i defo shrunk ;D ;D i might need that 48 after all .

anto.

Chris M

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2014, 07:13:03 pm »
Good luck mate, hope it works out for you.

jags

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:45 pm »
thanks Chris /dan i sent it to dave  ::) lets hope he's in good form ;D ;D
dan tubus rack has no fitting for mudguards tubus vega.i resprayed it looks like new.

fingers and toes crossed.

jags.

alfie1952

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2014, 07:49:08 pm »
Jags, I'm sure everyone has their fingers crossed for you.

Regards, Alfie

jags

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2014, 08:04:16 pm »
 ;)cheers alfie guess i'll know soon enough.

jags.

peter jenkins

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2014, 06:55:09 am »
No problem jags, thats the same size frame I have and I find it's a good fit for me at a shade under 5' 6" with a 105mm stem.

FWIW I am 167 cm (nearly 5'6") with an inside leg 77.5 cm (30.5").

My Club Tour is a 517L and it's a perfect fit (with drop bars).

Cheers,

pj

jags

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2014, 11:42:27 am »
peter i seem to have shrunk in the last couple months  ;D ;D
i'm 5.5 inside leg 28.5ins
as long as i'm able to walk and cycle i'll settle for what i am not a lot i can do about it ::)

jags

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2014, 11:47:28 am »
Ok the latest news .got an email from SJS they said they will hold the frame for me on a deposit  ;) but only for 2 months..... ah  i'm afraid that wont work for me.
its possible i could have the full amount in 2 months but then again maybe not,so i'm gonna wait until i have the full amount before i  :-[ :-[  myself again.

so looks like i'll have to wait again :'(

ians

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »
hey jags

shame but - don't sell the guitar.  Too useful for singing the 'no bike blues'.

A friend of mine was in a music shop in New York trying out a $3000 mandolin.  My friend was hesitating (too right!!) and the shopkeeper says 'you'll never run out of money, you'll only ever run out of time'. 

I use this now when I need to justify a spend, so it works for me. Didn't work for my friend though.

ian

jags

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2014, 12:55:42 pm »
Cheers Ian,i taught i would have no problem selling the guitar as its a feckin dinger but always the opportunist that's looking to buy it for half the asking price, no way danno they will never get there miserable mitts on it.Thing is Ian i don't play it much and i wont be stuck for a guitar as i have my sons here he is now living in the states and i ain't posting it over to him ;)besides i'm crap anyway ;D ;D

anyway time is still on my side so i'm gonna wait.
thanks

jags.

leftpoole

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2014, 03:05:30 pm »
Cheers Ian,i taught i would have no problem selling the guitar as its a feckin dinger but always the opportunist that's looking to buy it for half the asking price, no way danno they will never get there miserable mitts on it.Thing is Ian i don't play it much and i wont be stuck for a guitar as i have my sons here he is now living in the states and i ain't posting it over to him ;)besides i'm crap anyway ;D ;D

anyway time is still on my side so i'm gonna wait.
thanks

jags.

How much for the Guitar Anto?    ;D