Author Topic: Rogue's Gallery  (Read 18083 times)

rualexander

Re: Rogue's Gallery
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »
Hey Dan, there are also two pasties there, the other one is in my other hand still wrapped up! But I didn't eat them both, I was only holding them for the photo!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 07:31:12 pm »
there are also two pasties there...But I didn't eat them both
Be there in a sec', Rual; I missed breakfast t'day!  ;D

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 07:44:40 pm »
Dan here you go my son sorted these photos for me, i took all these today on my 35 mile spin.
slane castle/battle of the boyne scene/ i did do a video but god knows where is disappeared to  ;D
anyway folks hope you enjoy them its a lovely spin from my house.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »
Dan here you go...
Some really fantastic photos of your Sherpa "out in the wild", jags, and most welcome indeed, especially the sign commemorating the Battle of the Boyne -- Wow! Lovely bike, beautifully setup and detailed to within an inch of its life, all to the good. What a terrific mount for your GPS...fits right there as the stem cap. A fine job by your son-in-law, and blends in nicely with the rest of the kit. You can both be proud.

I've PM'd you with a fuller response.  A real treat to see.

To the rest of the Forum...the photos you take and post literally open a window on the world for those of us overseas from you, and it really is a treat to see little snippets of your wonderful bikes enjoying their native habitats and, of course, you as well! Though I work everyday with this very technology, I am still grateful to feel a childlike sense of wonder at the things it makes possible. Our vast world can shrink to a neighborhood via this medium, as we sit around the virtual table and share photos, good chat, and mutual interests. It is so common as to be unnoticeable these days, but it is still nice to take a moment once in awhile to really appreciate the positive side of technology.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »
your welcome  Dan see the buds on the trees ready to come to life fantastic
the summer is very close  ;)

sg37409

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:19 pm »

Some more of the air musuem here

jags

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:42 pm »
wow fantastic shot. ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 05:01:42 am »
Stephen!

What a great shot, and of the two "birds" ready to fly -- my money's on the Thorn!  What a good excuse to return to your photo site, with its many well-done pictures and Thorn content. Love the garage shots and the yellow XTC work-in-progress. My favorite from the Air Museum? The Aerocar. Just what I've been wishing for since I was a kid.

Did you take the Audax with you on the trip? How'd it fare with the baggage handlers? I hope there were no problems. Did you crate it in a box, or use a plastic sack for the flight?

All the best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:48:28 am by Danneaux »

sg37409

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 10:20:02 am »
It fared really well Dan. I used bike bag, large polythene bag taped it up. When the handler brought it out in Seattle they seemed to be treating it like it could break any second. He said its very light which usually equates to fragile. Missed e mudguards tho. Thanks for the notes on the pics.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »
Hi All!

I just concluded a very nice chat with Forum member John Saxby, who found himself in these parts midway on his North American motorcycle journey. We enjoyed a very pleasant conversation over breakfast before adjourning to my home to look at the Nomad and discuss all things bicycle, touring, and Thorn related. John will be ordering a Raven frame soon for buildup at his local shop, and was interested to see the Nomad in its loaded and unloaded states.

A very pleasant morning, indeed; thanks for dropping by, John!  Best wishes and godspeed on the rest of your journey,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 11:56:33 pm »
ah thats a lovely photo ,you guys had a lot to chat about i bet.
thats one great thing about cycling forums you get to meet great people  ;)

Andre Jute

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 01:57:08 am »
I just concluded a very nice chat with Forum member John Saxby, who found himself in these parts midway on his North American motorcycle journey.

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall!

Andre Jute

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2013, 02:05:00 am »
'Wish you could have joined us, Andre; you'd have been most welcome and a very nice addition! Same for the rest of the Forum membership!

What a shame we can't all cycle to a breakfast meeting for a good chat about all the Important Things in life. Ah, me; lacking that, we'll have to content ourselves with virtual meetings here at the corner Thorn Cycling Forum.

All the best,

Dan. (...who thinks we're all as close as our keyboards)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:05:28 am by Danneaux »

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2013, 05:32:03 pm »
Dan. (...who thinks we're all as close as our keyboards)

Well done John and Dan, making the time and effort to meet up. It started me wondering... How would we go about organizing a global TUG (Thorn User Group) meeting/rally? It would have to be in and around Bridgwater I guess, and would take at least 12 months to plan. Anybody think it's an idea worth pursuing?

Having said that, it is nice to meet like-minded people in their home settings... If anyone finds themselves on the east coast of Oz, we're in Newcastle (on Hunter), the best kept secret in Australia. Feel free to reach out and PM me for a catch up!  :)

Sam

moodymac

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »
Jags,

Great beard!  Andre has got a bit of catching up to do.  Who is the guy you are shaking hands with?  I think I seen part of his mug and backside through the "eye in the sky", or was it "google guy in the street".

Great ride photos keep them coming.

I am on the road now, the only photos my laptop has on it are of everyone but me.  I'll get the wife to e-mail one.  This one is of two my loves,  nephew (been with me since birth, and part of my youngest daughter.

Tom