Author Topic: my new baby.  (Read 27813 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: my new baby.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:52 pm »
think i'm gonna have to try and sell my guitar again to get this baby on the road.
Aw, jags! Jack is crying at this news. "Don't let 'im sell!", he says. "Not much I can do, Dad", I tell him, "Anto needs brakes. Handlebars. the various needed bits to get this beauty on the road". He's now torn between the bike and the music, but supports you either way.

All best your way, Anto; I'll keep a lookout on good deals for you. It'll all come together soon enough.

Dan.

leftpoole

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 05:25:58 pm »
Anto,
I am sure that if you ask nicely the gang on here could donate some parts, its the postage to Ireland that damages. I for instance have bars and stem you are welcome to, but postage rears its ugly head.
John

jags

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »
thanks dan and john but i'm gonna find the money meself.i sure hope i'm not coming across as a guy thats always on the look out for freebies :-[
if i got a buyer for my guitar all will be  fine, Dan i seldom pick it up  it gathering dust so i would be better off getting it sold and buying the things i need and use ;)

thanks again lads but i'll get there in the end fear not.

anto.

leftpoole

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 08:56:53 am »
thanks dan and john but i'm gonna find the money meself.i sure hope i'm not coming across as a guy thats always on the look out for freebies Embarrassed

Anto,
Sorry if I put my foot in it!
I just know most of the 'gang' would have parts lying around never used, I know I have. I have been getting rid of most, but wished I had chucked the bars, a stem and more into the Audax box you received. Things which I will not use.
So-no you do not come across as looking for freebies.
Enjoy looking at the frame for now, oh and yes, sell that guitar!
John

jags

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 09:39:20 am »
no worries john my son noel just told me to take the bars and stem off his  fixie that he seldom rides  ::)you didn't put your foot in it John far from it  thanks buddy really appreciate all your help.

jags.

Andre Jute

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2014, 04:21:40 pm »
Gee, while I was gone to the dogs, I nearly missed all the excitement of Jags getting a new bike. Pays to keep up, everything moves so fast on this forum.

jags

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »
yes got a CLASS one Andre just need a few more bit's and pieces and i'm away in a hack  ;)

jags

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27:21 am »
Well nearly there lads i have it ready for a test ride tomorrow  not to far as i need to fine tune the gear, the brakes are only temporary get proper fitting ones when i can afford them (such is life).
still need to fit mudguards /rack. new headtube spacers.bartape.computer/waterbottle cage.
hopefully Dan will post the latest few pics later on give yis all a look. ;D ;D

jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2014, 01:00:22 am »
Here y'go, Anto!

Looking fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, fine!  ;D

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:05:17 am by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 01:04:25 am »
cheers Dan ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 01:06:52 am »
You must be chewing nails, waiting in anticipation, Anto. ;)

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 01:45:58 am »
hah couldn't resist so i went around the block freezing cold ::)
first impression man i love it feels so different more lively,couple 30 milers will tell the story i'm sure.but cant really do any big miles on it until i get the brake calibers.if i can nail noel down tomorrow to fine tune the gears he's much better at that than me ,i will finish it off tomorrow night ,well as near as  possible.but yeah so far so good.
thanks Dan for posting the photos sorry for being a pain, one day i'll learn to post them myself,but don't hold your breath.

i'm away to me bed nite nite.
jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:12 am »
Wonderful preliminary report, Anto...'sure glad you didn't have to stop in a hurry!  :o
first impression man i love it feels so different more lively...
Is this the death knell for the Raleigh? If you've just bought the perfect new All-'Rounder that can go-fast and still carry the occasional camping load...  :-\ :'( On the other hand, maybe Noel gets a new bike? ;D

Best,

Dan.

Relayer

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 07:28:08 am »
Nearly there Anto, it's looking really nice  :D

leftpoole

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:45 am »
Anthony!
All I did was go out on one of my bikes for a nice Sunday ride. Look what happens when I take my eye off the ball!
The bike is being re born in Ireland. I hope the parts come together and that you have some lovely rides.
All the best,
John