Author Topic: Grizzly CSS rims snatching.....  (Read 9291 times)

lewis noble

Re: Grizzly CSS rims snatching.....
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 02:37:51 pm »
Thanks Jim . . . .

You have confirmed what I suspected, and indeed, was hoping - what I didn't say in my post was that I had already fitted Paselas and hoped that was the right choice!!

I have been using Duremes on my Ripio - they have been excellent for mixed riding, but as I am doing some longer sponsored rides in late May, weight and speed will count for quite a bit, distances will be longer than I have been used to and a lot of the others will be on 'roadier' bikes.

First impressions of the Paselas is that they are quicker, livelier and seem faster than the Duremes - seem is perhaps the operative word, as these things are very subjective unless you test them properly, and the smaller tyres are almost bound to feel livelier!!  But I have only ridden very short distances after changing.

All in all, I reckon I have made the right choice as wrist comfort etc is important.

lewis

Neil Jones

Re: Grizzly CSS rims snatching.....
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »
Hmmm, interesting post Peejay.
I'm also using Schwalbe Marathon Plus 1.50 on Ridgida Grizzly CSS rims, I'm currently running them on Andy Blances recommendations of 66 front, 73 rear, I may have to rethink these pressures in light of your experience.
It'll be interesting what feedback SJS and Ridgida/Rhyde give you, it looks like a manufacturing fault to me, hopefully an isolated one at that.
Good luck with your new wheel anyway,
Neil.