Author Topic: New dynamo hub and light arrived today  (Read 11575 times)

Aushiker

• Aushiker: Bicycling and Bushwalking in Western Australia
Re: New dynamo hub and light arrived today
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 08:01:54 am »
New B&M IQ Luxos headlight is listed at bike24. "Delivery unknown". It was supposed to be due for release in December, wonder what the schedule is looking like 'cos I'd love to grab one of these to kit out a new light set for the Nomad  ;D

http://Http://starbike.com will email you when they come in if you give them your email address ... :)

Andrew

phopwood

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:16 am »
Andre thanks for that ,sorry for being a pain in the ass but when i try to register it in german :-[i pressed the reserve button so with a bit of luck ,tat wheel will be mine next week when i get the dosh. ;)

Jags,

On the top right hand side of the main page you will see a flag, click on it and you can set you language and preferred currency.  You will not be disappointed if you get one.

All the best.

Peter

Andre Jute

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »
Andre thanks for that ,sorry for being a pain in the ass but when i try to register it in german :-[i pressed the reserve button so with a bit of luck ,tat wheel will be mine next week when i get the dosh. ;)

Is this still for your Raleigh with the 622 wheel, Jags? The wheel on that page is 26in, 559. (I was just showing you the wheel Peter bought, not suggesting a wheel for you to splash out on...)

The 622mm/28in wheel with that dynamo is here:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k637/a71603/front-wheel-28-dynamo-dh-3n72-v-brake-a319.html

You might have to ask the seller to "confirm" what size wheel you're getting...

Also, if you're already irritating a shopkeeper by changing an order, remember he doesn't know which wheel you really intended to order. Some of the other wheels on this page are attractive for the same price, notably the Alfine hub dynamo wheels with disc/rim brake capability, though I see the disc is centre lock, not six bolt.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k637/trekking-front-wheels.html

If you're not ordering a lamp at the same time, and don't have a suitable lamp, I have a BUMM halogen lamp that you can have. It isn't fabulous but it's free, and when you finish with it you can chuck it or give it to someone else. If you want it, send a street address to andrejute at coolmainpress with a dot and com.

Andre Jute

jags

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »
Thanks Andre yeah i'm going to use it on the sherpa 559 i will use my new battery lights on the raleigh .
i seen the cateye light   HL-EL540rc ,i bought on that site for a hell of a lot less than i paid  ::)
Andre if i manage to get that wheel i'll let you know  about your kind offer fair play to you . ;)

jags

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »
Do i need to register on that site before i can place an order.every time i try it changes to german text  :-[

Andre Jute

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »
Do i need to register on that site before i can place an order.every time i try it changes to german text  :-[

It seems likely that they want to keep the order in German for their own protection. Go to http://translate.google.com/#de/en/ and paste the URL of the bike shop's page on which you want to buy the wheel into the big block on the left, then above that in the middle, if necessary, click "Translate". Then just proceed with the order as normal. You can also German text and paste it into the block to have it translated.

Andre Jute

jags

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 09:59:45 pm »
Thanks Andre seems the wheel wont be available until 16th :o

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:55 pm »
Friday'll be here before you know it, jags. Also, keep checking and hit the "Refresh" button on your browser each time. Sometimes, these things arrive sooner than expected.

Hoping time passes a little quicker than usual for you,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 10:32:46 pm »
Thanks Dan sure hope i get it this time i've been trying all year to get a decent dynamo wheel and this looks like the one (thanks to peter) ;)
as long as my wee honey hasen't a change of heart. ;D
she's paying for it.

Andre Jute

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:34 am »
Christmas comes early....

phopwood

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 11:13:02 am »
Oh the fun of waiting for the post man.  I am glad you ordered one, what light have you got?

All the best.

Peter

jags

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 04:02:38 pm »
Peter still in the process of ordering, first  port of call is get the Wife sweet do as much crawling as i possible can she holds the credit card  ::) soif i fail in that task then it's no wheel for jags  :'(
i'm also hoping the postage is not to expensive to ireland..

as far as the headlight goes i'm in no hurry i had planned on getting this
  http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1004/a36853/lumotec-iq-cyo-rt-senso-plus.html?mfid=445
but i might just hold out for that new light there bringing out supposed to be the dogs. ;)
if i get the wheel  i will be giving Andre a shout i think he might have a light for me to tide me over.

rualexander

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 07:51:33 pm »
Peter still in the process of ordering, first  port of call is get the Wife sweet do as much crawling as i possible can she holds the credit card  ::) soif i fail in that task then it's no wheel for jags  :'(
i'm also hoping the postage is not to expensive to ireland..

as far as the headlight goes i'm in no hurry i had planned on getting this
  http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1004/a36853/lumotec-iq-cyo-rt-senso-plus.html?mfid=445
but i might just hold out for that new light there bringing out supposed to be the dogs. ;)
if i get the wheel  i will be giving Andre a shout i think he might have a light for me to tide me over.
Jags,
Have you considered the Axa Nano Plus light? Mine is excellent and it has a usb port for charging stuff during the day.
Or if you don't need the usb port they do a cheaper version, the Axa Nano.
http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1004/front-lights.html?lg=en&country=226&cr=EUR#
http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1004/a70820/nano-50-steady-auto-led-front-light.html
I bought mine from the same place, came in a couple of days.

jags

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 08:19:03 pm »
Cheers Rual cant afford both i'm afraid not just yet anyway.
what's that light like for lighting up the road how would you rate it.

you know it's amazing i've been trying to sell two sets of perfectly good road wheels for the last two months, and all i can get is guys willing to offer me half the asking price.
the wheels i'm trying to sell come with tires tubes and cassette  ???

jags

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »
ah the wait for this wheel is cracking me up i check the site every day still no good news, end of january .
well i can't at the moment afford to get the headlight but does it usually come with enough cable to also do a rear light or do i need to order the cable seperate what else would i need to get to get the job done to perfection. ;)