Author Topic: New dynamo hub and light arrived today  (Read 11576 times)

phopwood

New dynamo hub and light arrived today
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:53:46 pm »
Today my new shimano 3N72 hub and BM Lumotec IQ T senso plus arrived, fitted them this evening after work and just been out for a quick 5 miles on unlite country roads  All I can say is wow, it is amazing  I was not expecting it to be so good.  I know this is not a real test, but I thought I would share.  I still had my LED helmet light on as I like the way it always point where I am looking.

All the best.

Peter

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: New dynamo hub and light arrived today
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:04:18 pm »
Oh, what great news, Peter; I think you'll be very happy with the combination!

Good idea, keeping the LED helmet-mounted light. Since it "looks" where the rider does, I've found mine to sometimes very helpful in catching the eyes of drivers who would otherwise have crossed or turned right in front of me at nighttime intersections. A quick glance on my part (attracted by their movement) and they're automatically warned. It's saved me more than once! Nice for checking the bike computer readings as well.

Happy riding; good to know you'll be visible, safe, and actually able to see your way so well.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »
Peter did you say where you bought it and how much  ;)

phopwood

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »
Jags

I got it from www.bike-discount.de

£82.81 for the v brake wheel with a mavic rim and dynamo hub, complete with rim tape and quick release.
£50.15 for the light comes with wire for the rear light.
£10.00 for a top light rear light.

Took less than an hour to fit the wheel and light,  I had to reseat my brake blocks as the new rim was a little thinner the the old one.

Fiver for delivery, took about a week but I was not expecting express for that price.

All the best.
Peter

jags

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 10:08:21 pm »
Excellent Peter thanks for that think i'll stick it on my wish list
cheers peter glad it worked out for you so are you planning a night ride. ;)

Aushiker

• Aushiker: Bicycling and Bushwalking in Western Australia
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 10:34:57 pm »
Jags

I got it from www.bike-discount.de

£82.81 for the v brake wheel with a mavic rim and dynamo hub, complete with rim tape and quick release.
£50.15 for the light comes with wire for the rear light.
£10.00 for a top light rear light.

Did they build the wheel for you or did you have to do this yourself/arrange this yourself?

The pricing for the front light seems high compared to http://starbike.com or http://bike24.net or is it just that I am used to paying ex-VAT prices? :)

Andrew

phopwood

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:00 pm »
Hi,

The wheel was built and delivered ready to go, the price of the light is a little higher.  I did consider buying from different locations to get the best prices but the added delivery equals it all out in the end. But I am very happy.

Peter

Aushiker

• Aushiker: Bicycling and Bushwalking in Western Australia
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »
The wheel was built and delivered ready to go, the price of the light is a little higher.  I did consider buying from different locations to get the best prices but the added delivery equals it all out in the end. But I am very happy.

Thanks. Understand what you mean about the delivery. There pricing seems pretty good and for me their postage isn't to bad either. Will add them to my list of online retailers. Thanks.

Andrew

jags

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »
Peter i can't find that wheel on the site   :-[
don't suppose you have a link to it thanks.

jags.

macspud

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 11:01:01 pm »

jags

Andre Jute

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:09:22 am by Hobbes »

il padrone

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 01:18:17 am »
Crikey, my Shogun Metro commuter/roadster runs a B&M S6 dynamo. That whole wheel and dynohub is not that much more than what I paid just for the S6  :o

jags

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 03:24:41 am »
They have some on this page, Jags, but the price is a bit higher:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/misearch.html?serchform=directsend&query=3n72&x=0&y=0

Or go direct:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k733/a71609/vorderrad-26-dynamo-dh-3n72-v-brake-xm317-32l.html

Andre Jute
Andre thanks for that ,sorry for being a pain in the ass but when i try to register it in german :-[i pressed the reserve button so with a bit of luck ,tat wheel will be mine next week when i get the dosh. ;)

il padrone

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 05:03:21 am »
New B&M IQ Luxos headlight is listed at bike24. "Delivery unknown". It was supposed to be due for release in December, wonder what the schedule is looking like 'cos I'd love to grab one of these to kit out a new light set for the Nomad  ;D

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:05:31 am by il padrone »