Author Topic: Your first post...  (Read 7071 times)

Relayer

Re: Your first post...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 03:23:28 pm »
My first post was in September 2009, shortly after I got my RST

http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2210.0

unfortunately I must've moved the pictures, but there are others on a second thread in the Gallery.  While I am currently Thornless, I like to keep up with all discussions on this forum, it really is a wee gem in the jungle that is the internet.

I miss the RST, and sometimes ponder a new Raven.   ;)

Jim

John Saxby

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 03:55:43 pm »
This is my first post. I only returned to cycling a year ago at the tender age of 70, and bought a Sherpa last month.

Great stuff, Richard!  Welcome, and we'll look forward to your stories, comments and photos.

And Jim, go for the Raven, if you can afford it -- no regrets for me, it's been a great bike.

Pavel

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 06:35:09 pm »
Don't let Dan know that it's me who let the secret out - but Dans not a person, in the normal sense - He's a team of three.

Pavel

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 06:37:05 pm »
I've go to go and see if I can dig up my first post, sometime in early 2012 or late 2011, I suspect.  My account was re-set and and so I can't (I don't think) do a search through my own history.  But it has to be out there somewhere. With the passing of time, I have no clue what clueless comment I made first. :)

mickeg

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 07:09:58 pm »
I've go to go and see if I can dig up my first post, sometime in early 2012 or late 2011, I suspect.  My account was re-set and and so I can't (I don't think) do a search through my own history.  But it has to be out there somewhere. With the passing of time, I have no clue what clueless comment I made first. :)

I just tried a global search (not Thorn Forum search) using google, was this your first?
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=143.15

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 08:32:39 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, Richard!

I've done the route you're contemplating and loved it -- I'm sure you will too.

Great bike to do it on.  :)

All the best,

Dan.

richard s

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:16 pm »
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
From what I can see, this is a much more friendly forum than most without the sniping and insults so common elsewhere.

Richard

jags

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »
The worst I came across is bike forums.net guaranteed if a thread gets more than  fifteen posts someone starts a row.I got into a very aggressive argument with a guy on CTC once  he was a nasty piece of work.yeah our man Dan keeps a good house worth his weight in gold I reckon if he ever left here the forum would finish.IMHO.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 09:50:12 pm »
I have to say that you lot have swung my decision about a new bike in favour of a Thorn (the bike had something to do with it as well  ;).
You are all very friendly and supportive, answering my daft questions and helping me get it settled in my own mind.

Thanks,
Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

John Saxby

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 02:32:31 am »
Welcome, Janet -- and your bike, too, of course!

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 12:04:09 am »
Thank you :)
Scout & Bettina's slave!