Author Topic: Relayer's RST  (Read 2910 times)

Relayer

Relayer's RST
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:24:13 pm »
OK, I took a few pics of my RST in the back garden tonight before it got dark. 

I've had the bike 2 or 3 weeks now, it was an ex-display bike but matches my desired spec fairly well.

I am really enjoying this bike: main plus point is comfort, then comes straight bars meaning better braking with v-brakes, one shifter, and a one bike to go anywhere I am likely to want to go.

I had to get a longer stem, then I got a black seatpost to match the stem and bars etc.    I think it looks quite sporty, to match its name.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:06:37 am by Relayer »

bobs

Re: Relayer's RST
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:51:26 pm »
Great looking bike, enjoy.

vik

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:01:25 pm »
Looks great congrats...I like the way it looks with the flat bars.  ;D Do you find them comfortable for riding all day - day after day? 

safe riding,

Vik
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com

Fred A-M

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:14:05 pm »
It's looking good Relayer.  What's your planned use for it?

Rest assured, bar luggage restrictions, with the right tyres you'll be pretty much able to take it anywhere, I took mine up to 10,000ft on a mountain track with 1.5 panracer slicks!

Relayer

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:07:34 pm »
I will use this for long days out at weekends exploring local backroads, or putting it in/on the car and heading for highland Perthshire, the Trossachs, or the Scottish borders.  I might do the very occasional weekend trip using hostel or B&B, don't envisage taking camping kit on it.

I will also be at a crossroads career wise in a couple of months, so it could get pressed into commuting [8.5 miles each way] at that point.

The straight bars are OK, although I do get a hint of numbness, but I've still to try different angles on the ergon grips.  Using the bar ends, or taking my hand off the bars altogether briefly cures the problem though.  I don't really anticipate doing big miles for several days at a stretch, but never say never.    ;D

Relayer

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:30:27 pm »
Just a wee update on my RST since I fitted the E3 tail light today.  Changes since 2009 as follows:-

wider (58mm) handlebars, longer (170mm) cranks, Tubus Cargo rack (also have Tubus Duo Lowrider front rack to fit when required),  dual purpose pedals, Marathon Supreme 1.6 tyres, Supernova E3 front and back ...

The bike is running very sweetly now: particularly changes to handlebars, cranks, and tyres have made it even better.  I have done some day runs with local CTC of 60 - 70 miles, great comfort and no problems with speed or distance. 

I think that it is now the way I want it to be, no more modifications/upgrades come to mind ... for now.   ;D