Author Topic: Club Tour on Ebay now fully updated!!  (Read 4046 times)

leftpoole

Club Tour on Ebay now fully updated!!
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:17:06 am »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorn-Club-Tour-/301343328937?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item4629764aa9

Hello
When I first became ill I sold my 4 Thorn bikes and was very unhappy and distressed by it all. Having been told I would no longer be able to cycle the bikes were all sold at the maximum I was able to get for them.
The above listed by was sold for £800 to the now seller! Make your own minds up as to the price now being asked.
Regards,
John
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:41:13 am by leftpoole »

leftpoole

Re: Club Tour on Ebay READ THIS FIRST!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:47:53 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorn-Club-Tour-/301343328937?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item4629764aa9

Hello
When I first became ill I sold my 4 Thorn bikes and was very unhappy and distressed by it all. Having been told I would no longer be able to cycle the bikes were all sold at the maximum I was able to get for them.
The above listed by was sold for £800 to the now seller! Make your own minds up as to the price now being asked.
Regards,
John

Following an exchange of emails!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301344582916?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Improvement.
John

horizon

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »
Well done John. You can get a brand new Club Tour for about £1300 and while this bike has a couple of important extras (but not the rack for example) it wasn't worth that amount, even in good condition. It's a lovely bike but it would be unfortunate if an unsuspecting buyer bought it and later found they had been over-charged.

Although .....

That colour might now have a rarity value for those people who don't like the new colours ...

Andre Jute

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
The price is what a buyer is willing to pay, but if the new price is £1300 as reported above, I don't see an informed buyer paying hugely more than John asked in the first instance, £800.

leftpoole

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:26 pm »
It is down to £850:00 or best offer now. Collection from Bristol.

fossala

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »
It's also been in a crash since you sold it to him.

leftpoole

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:48:36 am »
It's also been in a crash since you sold it to him.

Hello,
Interesting.....elaborate please.
The bike has now been removed from Ebay, reason given, 'no longer available'. I guess it was sold privately?
Regards,
John

fossala

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 03:08:44 pm »
I was inquiring about the bike and he answered this to a question.
I think it's a 555s, I'm 5'10" and it's fine for me, brakes are Campag Mirage, rear hub is Deore LX and the Dynamo is a 28 old type. The frame has two barely visible marks and the right hand brake lever is scratched as I took a spill a few weeks ago.
Hope this helps.
I asked for pictures and he sent 3. The handlebar tape is torn, the right brake lever is scratched badly and there are 2 scratches on the frame (didn't look too deep). I then told him I would have to think about it as we had agreed a price (725) before I knew about the crash.

Anyway I said
Yes I got the photos. Not sure now I've seen the damage. You bought it for 800 without the damage. I'll have to think about it as Thorn don't have any touch up paint (I rang them).

He replied with
You are mistaken, the frame had two spots of dark blue paint when I bought it, anyhow I've decided not to sell it to you!!!

Nevermind.

leftpoole

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 04:10:35 pm »
I was inquiring about the bike and he answered this to a question.I asked for pictures and he sent 3. The handlebar tape is torn, the right brake lever is scratched badly and there are 2 scratches on the frame (didn't look too deep). I then told him I would have to think about it as we had agreed a price (725) before I knew about the crash.

Anyway I said
He replied with
Nevermind.

Shame, I built a very nice bicycle but it is 6 Years old now. It would have been nice for you (if you appreciate such things) to meet his partner who is a very presentable female!
Anyhow as someone who has a couple of falls I do know that the incidents put me off the particular bicycle I was riding and so it just may be you have missed a decent bicycle?
John

jags

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »
as long as there was no dents in the frame or it was out of line i wouldn't mind a few scrapes..

anto

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 04:46:48 pm »
the incidents put me off

Food is that way too, at least for me. Ah, and drink. Off of my list: raw onions, Southern Comfort. Probably Southern Comfort is not so familiar to those outside the USA, just guessing. I am not recommending it!

leftpoole

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 04:52:14 pm »
Food is that way too, at least for me. Ah, and drink. Off of my list: raw onions, Southern Comfort. Probably Southern Comfort is not so familiar to those outside the USA, just guessing. I am not recommending it!

Southern Comfort is drunk on a too frequent basis with love by myself! My favourite tipple and I hunt the best price in all Supermarkets weekly.
So, known by me for a long time and greatly enjoyed. I've not had any for more than a week however-no decent price at present!
I agree regarding Onions though...
John
PS Possibly contributes to higher blood pressure??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:01:19 pm by leftpoole »

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 05:52:17 pm »
in all Supermarkets weekly.

Amazing! What gets exported! I am a tea lover, myself. Anybody's guess what that does to blood pressure! In years past I could find Fortnum & Mason over here without too much trouble. But now, amazingly, as tea gets more popular, Fortnum & Mason has dropped off the radar! Williams & Sonoma seems to have an exclusive import deal or something. At least I can get it. Having Fortnum & Mason ship it over is really prohibitive! But now Taylors of Harrogate is in the supermarkets, so really, what more do I need!

bikerta

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 05:53:47 pm »
I love Southern Comfort too.  ;D

leftpoole

Re: Club Tour on Ebay now fully updated.....
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »
I love Southern Comfort too.  ;D

I drink it neat by what my wife calls 'quintuplet' measures whatever a 'measure' is. I don't use Pubs and so have limited knowledge of quantity. All I know, is that it is a fairly expensive 'hobby'. Put together with cycling and camping it makes me want to turn to drink with the expense!
John (who is dreaming of my next bottle!)_
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:44:53 am by leftpoole »