Author Topic: Time for another Red RST pic...  (Read 2843 times)

brummie

Time for another Red RST pic...
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:46:21 pm »
Taken yesterday on a newish section of the National Cycle Network near Wray Castle. Re-fitted my newly re-covered Brooks Swallow ( Brooks will replace the leather on old worn saddles ! ) A fine day.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Time for another Red RST pic...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »
Yes, Brummie...time and a half for a photo like this!

Your monochromatic red RST remains one of my all-time favorites -- just can't see enough photos of this outstanding machine.

Thanks for posting!

All the best,

Dan.  (...who is smitten by it, plain and simple)

David Simpson

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:13:18 pm »
What a beautiful bike! By having so many parts the same colour, it looks very aesthetically pleasing. Just as a car would look odd with fenders (wings?) that have a different colour from the rest of the body, that bike looks complete with everything the same colour. I like it.

And what a great place to ride!

- Dave

(Exception: the Lotus Super 7 looks good with different coloured fenders.)

jags

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »
yeah it's a great looking bike well built as usual ,saddle looks dangerous though. ::).
so how does it compair to the sherpa for touring.

jags

Andre Jute

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »
Classic! I love all that red.

jags

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:23:52 pm »
Blue. ::)
so just on the colour of bikes do you guys have a  colour in mind when buying a new bike.
i kinda like the colour on my own audax but if i had the dosh it would be getting a new paint job thats for sure.

might even fit a new carbon fork/ carbon wheels /chris king headset and bb / carbon seatpost / and carbon bars/ dura ace sti shifters/ grand bios tyres .yeah keep frame and saddle everything else will get updated.
might as well dream here as in bed. ::)

jags

phopwood

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »
That bike is outrageously cool.  What handle bars are they I like the look of them.

Peter.

brummie

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:07:04 pm »
That bike is outrageously cool.  What handle bars are they I like the look of them.

Peter.

Thanks Peter. The bars are inverted On-One Mary bars with Cork Ergon grips & taped with Black cork tape. I find the swept position really advantageous for both climbing & descending - I can honk out of the saddle with my hand on the shifter ready to change gear as & when needed, when descending the swept shape tucks my elbows in, whilst providing good width for control ! Though as Andy B will testify, you can steer the RST with your hips !

brummie

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 09:09:35 pm »
yeah it's a great looking bike well built as usual ,saddle looks dangerous though. ::).
so how does it compair to the sherpa for touring.

jags

Thanks Jags. I've never really ridden a Sherpa, but the Sherpa would be the better bike with bigger loads, &/or running bigger tyres. If the RST would take 2.0" tyres I'd be loving it even more !

brummie

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 09:12:43 pm »
Yes, Brummie...time and a half for a photo like this!

Your monochromatic red RST remains one of my all-time favorites -- just can't see enough photos of this outstanding machine.

Thanks for posting!

All the best,

Dan.  (...who is smitten by it, plain and simple)

Thanks Dan. Here's another for you !