Author Topic: vimeo  (Read 1792 times)

jags

vimeo
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:21:41 pm »
not all plain sailing take a look at this vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/groups/wereldfietser/videos/61943528.

jags. :o

cycladelic

Re: vimeo
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 08:39:09 am »
That's horrible. The guy seems to have resigned himself to the fact there's nothing he can do to get justice. Carrying that much cash around is not a good idea, though, as in most of Europe you can usually find an ATM within a day or two. Albania is quite a poor country and salaries there are a fraction of what they are in the UK. The only good thing is that it sounds like it could have been a lot worse.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:45:13 am by cycladelic »

jags

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:53 am »
he had a lucky escape me thinks,still i think if it had to happen to me i would have burned his house down before i went on my travels. ;)

jags.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »
I think that incident happened in Armenia. Probably salaries in Armenia are close enough to those in Albania, but maybe the local density of ATM machines is a bit less. Both places though seem plenty tricky politically/ethnically, with tense dotted-line boundaries around etc. Sad to say but more of the world seems to be getting that way. A ride through Ukraine would seem ill-advised at the moment. Or Moldava probably.

cycladelic

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:04:17 pm »
Yes - Armenia, not Albania. And he actually says 1,700 dollars worth of stuff, so it probably wasn't simply cash, but a camera or laptop etc that went missing.