Author Topic: Schwalbe Big Ben for Sherpa  (Read 2382 times)

ians

Schwalbe Big Ben for Sherpa
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
Hi

I fancy a pair of the Schwalbe Big Ben 2.15 tyres for my new Sherpa build. Anyone using a tyre this size in the Sherpa?  I notice Bikerta can fit 2.0 Duremes in the front without defaulting the tyre to remove the wheel. I'm hoping for the same with the Big Bens.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Ians

sd

Re: Schwalbe Big Ben for Sherpa
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »
No idea about it fittings. I can say they are extraordinary comfortable but I got to many punctures. I am not certain but they may have improved there puncture protection?? Any knowledge?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:10:53 PM by sd »

bikerta

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53:46 PM »
I am pretty sure when I picked my bike up that Steve said that the largest tyres the Sherpa would take was 2.15.

I am very happy with the 2.0 Duremes. Roll very smoothly, but also absorb the bumps nicely. Haven't had chance to take the bike off road.

ians

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 07:49:48 AM »
thanks folks.  I'm building up my Sherpa from parts from another bike and I have some Big Apples (2.00) I can try.  It's the mudguard clearance and wheel removal I was concerned about.

ians

bikerta

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
Hi Ians, I can confirm that I can definitely remove my front wheel without adjusting the brakes or letting any air out of the tyres with 2.0 Duremes. My mudguards are size 55 and they have a good amount of clearance.

ians

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »
Hi Bikerta

thanks for this.  I now have the Big Apples (2.00) fitted and they're fine.

thanks again

ian

sd

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
I am just about to put on some big apples 2.35. Supposedly they will go on without letting the tyre down but have my doubts they will get past the bakes. Big Apple have some puncture protection now. I am going to add  Panracer flat away liners. The liner feels like felt so hoping they will make no difference to the comfort.