Author Topic: couirier services  (Read 1858 times)

alfie1952

couirier services
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:48 pm »
Good Evening,

I am looking for a reputable courier service that will transport a bike from Southern Ireland to Scotland. I have used Paisley freight in the past and they were OK, but I don't know if they do Ireland. I could wait until the morning and start trawling through the internet but maybe someone knows of a reasonable courier or has used one, they can recommend.

Regards Alfie

jags

Re: couirier services
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »
http://www.moveandparcel.eu/?type=extended&search_performed=Y&advanced_filter=Y&category_id=1&subcats=Y&multiple_variants_service[]=34&multiple_variants[]=13&multiple_variants[]=23&dispatch[products.search]=Search

alfie one of my friends gave me these guys.i will try to get a box tomorrow but please you make arrangements to collect it from me.

anto.

alfie1952

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »
No problems there Jags, and thanks for all your help. If all else fails one scenario is I have a weekend in Ireland and catch the ferry back to the UK.

Regards Alfie. ;)

jags

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:58 pm »
sounds like a plan.did this guy give you the full spec on the bike,when i get it it will be wrapped up straight away so your going to be getting it as he gave it to me hopefully in perfect nick. ;)

anto.

alfie1952

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »
Jags,

If I thought I would have to add in a holiday to the Emerald Isle I would not have been able to afford the bike in the first instance . Max was in touch with me earlier and has guaranteed that the bike is as new with everything photographed in situ  except for his brooks saddle that he has broken in and asked if he could keep. He will have to give you the service manual and a couple of bits of kit for the rohloff, but that should be it

On trawling the internet, I went back to Paisley freight and it seems that they do Ireland after all, obviously at a higher rate, but that's ok, as long as it arrives safely. Jags I will PM you tomorrow.

Regards, Alfie
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:24:13 pm by alfie1952 »

jags

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:42:05 pm »
no bother alfie as long as we get it safely over to you,i'll be busy tomorrow  looking for a box.

phopwood

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:32 pm »
Jags where do you live.  If you are close enough Alfie could catch the stena to Belfast as a foot passenger and bring the bike back.

i'll be busy tomorrow  looking for a box./quote] that's dedication, good man.

Peter.

jags

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:27:00 am »
im about 80 miles from belfast.........dublin would be closer.