Author Topic: Thorn Mercury on order!  (Read 9279 times)

alfie1952

Re: Thorn Mercury on order!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:36 PM »
 Gunmetal grey and red accents make for a stunning bike. It is a real beauty.

Regards Alfie

geocycle

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 09:32:15 PM »
Congratulations, looks great! Interested to know how you are going to use it and how it performs.

jags

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
very nice enjoy  ;)

Swislon

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
It looks just as great in the flesh and surprisingly light!
His father-in-law Paul has some great bikes and even he is jealous!  :D

Looking forward to hearing how Jamies first ride goes at the weekend.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
Jamie!

What a gorgeous bike! Your new Mercury is one for the ages, and I love, love, love the color combo you chose, complete with matching headset as well (Swislon's Club Tour looks mighty fine as well, showing the New Mercury the way). What terrific photos as well; looking forward to many more of this fabulous new addition. All congratulations your way!

Jackie! Yours will soon come, have faith! Keep thinking happy thoughts and Wednesday Next will soon be here. I can't wait to see photos if it as well, and I hope the days, hours, and minutes pass soon so you can be united with it soonest. Have you chosen a name yet?

All the best to you both,

Dan. (...who just loves seeing the arrival of new Thorns on the Forum's gallery)

Andybg

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2014, 05:59:55 AM »
A lovely looking bike Jamiae and nice to see a stripped down Thorn for a change. Looking forward to hearing some ride reports and hopfully we can get some first hand comparisons betweeen the Club Tour and the Mercury.

Enjoy

Andy

phopwood

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »
Jackie,

A whole week sounds like a long time, just relax, don't think about it and it will soon go by.

Peter

Jamietaylorx

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 07:48:16 AM »
First ride out  :)

Thirty ish hilly miles yesterday, from the moment I opened the garage and pedalled it was a revelation!

Smooth, effortless and Fast! I can only compare to my hybrid and Brompton but its in a different league. The fork absorbs all the road chatter, the longer cranks give a feeling of more travel per rotation and the gears are perfectly set for effortless forward momentum. From standstill on a steep hill it became apparent how light it is, the front wheel lifted....

All in all I had a wonderful time up and down very steep hills and arrived home feeling like I could go out and do it all again.

I normally suffer buyers remorse after a purchase but not this time. Very pleased with my Mercury, especially pleased with the service from Thorn.

Highly recommend this bike setup to anyone who wants to ride medium pace in comfort, whilst grinning from ear to ear.

Jamie

jags

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »
CLASS  ;)

David Simpson

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:26 PM »
... whilst grinning from ear to ear.

And isn't that what cycling is all about?

Thanks for the great report, Jamie.

- Dave

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »
Oh! Something tells me we're soon to be treated to wonderful ride reports and photos!

Very much looking forward to it, Jaimie. So pleased and excited for you; nothing like having a new bike meet high expectations, then exceed them.

Best wishes for many happy journeys beneath your wheels.

Dan.

StuG

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »
Hi Jamie

Just seen your post.

I am sure you will enjoy your new Mercury when it arrives.  I have had my Mercury (with very similar speck) for 6 months now, and its just great  ;D  I'm sure it will not disappoint.

Pics of my bike are in the Members Gallery.

Happy Riding