Author Topic: Danneaux's Tour de Yerrup  (Read 35921 times)

Znook

• Me, Robbie!
Re: Danneaux's Tour de Yerrup
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Great stuff - looking forward to the updates (and pics)  ;D
I'm here, there and everywhere.

jags

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »
one thing for sure matt you wont go hungry. ;)

jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
Hi Jan and Don! I enjoyed our chat on the plane as well. Welcome to the Thorn forum. I'll set to work on my blog and website upon my return.

Best,

Dan.

Andybg

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2014, 05:12:08 AM »
You are more than welcome to come over. I am sure Dan will give you a good review of the cycling over here over the next week as he puts some training miles in (not that he needs them) and gets the bike dialled in to his needs.

He arrived on time and the journey back went well. Hopfully he has had a good nights sleep and made a good step towards resetting his clock.

Andy

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 05:24:44 AM »
That sounds just grand, really, just to stay in one interesting place and take day rides out exploring the local area. That's one of my grand schemes for Asia somewhere or other. Maybe Nangchen in Qinghai province, China. Or maybe Himachal Pradesh in India? Or???

Right now it is Kingston, NY!

I hope you will be able to get out riding with Dan, Andy! Though it is always tricky, trying to find a mutually agreeable pace! I can hardly keep up with anybody, but I sure wouldn't expect to have any better luck with Dan!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:49 AM »
Hi All!

Real quick update: Not over my jet lag yet but very close. The seatpost, chainring, and short stem with Andy's B.17 have the bike fitting me perfectly. A lovely machine indeed.

Andy and I took a ride together yesterday... About 45km in beautiful varied hilly terrain. I can surely see why Andy and his wife choose this place as the natural beauty of the folded Hills is exquisite.

Don't let Andy kid you: He is a very good rider with superb form. I'm struggling with my new asthma diagnosis and using my inhaler. I think i will do fine if i adjust my Hill climbing pace sharply downward till I adjust to the meds.

Next up is to install new brake pads on both bikes and interrupter levers all from SJS Cycles.

Eating well indeed as Andy's wife is a terrific cook.

All the best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:28:56 AM by Danneaux »

leftpoole

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2014, 08:46:23 AM »
Hi Jan and Don! I enjoyed our chat on the plane as well. Welcome to the Thorn forum. I'll set to work on my blog and website upon my return.

Best,

Dan.

Dan,
Where are you now?
John

jags

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
never doubted for a minute andy was a good rider.
great all is going well Dan and your getting fed really well, make the most of it couple weeks time you will be eating grass  ::) ;D  i'm joking of course.

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »
Hi John!

I'm in Andy's village in NE Bulgaria near the town of Popovo. Small villages, little traffic, and a nice mix of lush farmlands and forested hills. Very beautiful and so far the weather is cooperating, with either sun and blue skies or high clouds. The hills fold high above deep valleys with many good-tasting mineral springs at roadside. What a contrast to my usual desert or mountain touring.

I much better understand Andy's cycling and touring needs. The roads can be steep but they also have very broken surfaces with puddles deep enough for frogs to live in.  Saw a fox yesterday and there are many birds. Andy's derailleur equipped Nomad and his Raven tour are pretty much ideal for this place and the wide tires are most welcome.

All the best,

Dan.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2014, 05:25:42 AM »
Hi All!

Quick update: Andy's Raven Tour is now all ready for me to go except for rigging a little mount to accept the headlight. We took a hilly 45km ride to Popovo and back yesterday, meeting Andy's wife with the van midway so we could get some shopping done.

Wonderful news: By pre-dosing with the asthma meds and watching my breathing and pacing I didn't have to stop once and maintaining a steady if slow to me pace and no problems. It looks as if I'll actually hit the road by bike on the 27th after my return from Turkey.

Eating like a king thanks to wonderful cooking.

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:29:11 AM by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »
CLASSSSSSSSSSSSS. 8)

anto

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »
Great company here, as well  :)

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »
Dan i was thinking of getting about 10 lads from the forum for a weeks touring over to Andys place ,do you reckon he would put us up for the week ;)
no harm asking.

anto.

julk

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »
anto,
I am not sure if Andy has 10 spare bikes ;D ;D
Julian.

jags

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
its the food and the craic i'm thinking about julian.i'de say Dan will set up camp there he's been to well looked after. ;D

anto