Author Topic: A Thorn for Boris?  (Read 2205 times)

Relayer

A Thorn for Boris?
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:19:29 am »
I must say to start with, I am not a regular reader of The Telegraph, but I do think Boris is the mutt's nutts!

Anyway, here is his eulogy on the demise of his beloved Marin, with a twist in the tail which could be a huge opportunity for Thorn?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10642745/Riding-my-broken-bike-is-like-working-with-the-Lib-Dems.html

Please note, this is not a party political post  ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: A Thorn for Boris?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:24:20 am »
Poor ol' Bikey! Yes, I see an opportunity for Thorn as well, Jim; well-spotted!

Best,

Dan.

honesty

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:42:45 am »
Boris is an exceptionally bright man who has managed to hide the fact that he is a vicious little money grabbing git behind a facade of well meaning buffoonery. On cycles specifically he's managed to get this aura of being the saviour of cyclists within London where as in reality the cycle scheme was started before his tenure and in real terms cycle injuries have gone up in the capital. All he has done is make a lot of noise then sanction some blue paint that has no legal standing...

FrogPrince

• 60-something and loving it.
    • Cycle Somerset
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
Boris is an exceptionally bright man who has managed to hide the fact that he is a vicious little money grabbing git behind a facade of well meaning buffoonery. On cycles specifically he's managed to get this aura of being the saviour of cyclists within London where as in reality the cycle scheme was started before his tenure and in real terms cycle injuries have gone up in the capital. All he has done is make a lot of noise then sanction some blue paint that has no legal standing...
I second that. Well said.
Sell your Clothes but keep your thoughts.

honesty

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 11:17:38 am »
git was not the word I was using in my head when I typed that as well...

lewis noble

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »
What an incredibly long-winded, pompous even, article . . . . .

He rode into a puddle, hit something he didn't realise was there, and bust his bike. End of story.

Lewis

jags

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
i always thought boris was a grand fella :)

honesty

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »
So did I until the facade cracked a bit and I looked a bit further. I always thought that even though I don't agree with some of his policies she's good for a laugh and seems straight up. This is wrong. His buffoonery is his Teflon coating, his defence mechanism, his method of diverting anything he doesn't like answering. For example have a look at http://road.cc/content/news/99313-video-london-assembly-members-criticise-boris-johnson-bike-safety