Author Topic: Raven Tour  (Read 6827 times)

lancer17

Re: Raven Tour
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 10:59:43 am »
Brake squeal for me on the front is like a stuffed pig and that is after 600 miles, Andy has told me it will go away and that i need to get the rim dirty and do some heavy braking.

My bike is going back to SJSC to sort a couple of problems out they have said they will have a look at it for me while its there. The back wheel went quite quickly and is no problem.

The problems I have had are small hairline crack in the LHS BB bearing cup, the front light mount light on the forks is out of line so the light does not point forward. Oh and a Little brake noise!!!!!

The hole in the fork crown for the light bracket would not of been noticed when the bike was being built up because the angle that it is off by is quite small, but at night all i get to see is the bunnies in the bushes. I have been trying to move the bracket thinking that was the problem, but it was just giving me wierd light patterns.

So what are SJSC doing about it for me? Replacing both the BB and the Frame, they have sent me a bike box to send it back and they are going to sort it all for me, I was offer various options on how to sort this but this was the one that suited me best. Hows that for service [:)]

sardar

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 08:10:38 pm »
Lancer, what set up are you going to use for charging? is it home made or have you found a commercial offering. Been looking for a similar thing myself

lancer17

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 06:55:54 am »
will be home made, but i am also looking at one from Austraila with a small built in solar panel, will let you know more when I have the details.

The home made version will charge 5 AA batteries and have a USB port so that i can charge my GPS PDA etc. (not while the dyno is running, not a good idea!!)

jonathan

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 07:37:56 am »
Can you send a link to the site in Aust. I think I have seen it before but there may be another one around. I have often thought about a USB charger on a bike powered from a dyno hub and a voltage reg.

lancer17

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 09:18:13 am »
The voltage regulator is a good idea, but not for me.

http://www.copycatsolar.com/index_files/Page399.htm

sardar

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 10:37:18 am »
Lancer17, I have contacted the Aus site, and ordered 2 off V2 model, should be available in 3 weeks, You can have the second one if you are interested, to reduce shipping costs.

lancer17

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 10:39:18 am »
ok sounds good to me