Author Topic: Raven on the TdF  (Read 5486 times)

geocycle

Re: Raven on the TdF
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:50 am »
Many thanks. I recall that has far as having to cut the chain glider or not, one factor is the size of front and rear cog.
May I know yours, please? If they are the same as mine, then it could be an easy job.

Matt

I have gone to 42 x 17 (from 40 x16) to fit the chainglider specs.  The ratios are about the same.  A 38T version is also available.  Whether you need to trim the chainglider will also depend on the size of the frame, specifically the chain stays.  They are long on the raven tour relative to most bikes.  See Andre's posts for details.

Fred A-M

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 01:52:38 pm »
Wonderful! Watch it in person for those of us who can't, Fred (and thanks in advance for the photos -- they'll be great, I know!)

All the best,

Dan. (...who also hopes a Frenchman can take the next Tour to even things out a bit)

Thanks Dan, appreciated though taking pics of fast moving objects is an art in itself as I discovered when trying to shoot last year's Tour de Limousin - got maybe one decent pic!

Andre Jute

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »
Rather proud of coming home with any photographs at all from the Tour of Ireland. At http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html see "Tour of Ireland with Lance and Andre". Of course, it wasn't easy racing Alberto and handling a camera at the same time....

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:25 pm »
Of course, it wasn't easy racing Alberto and handling a camera at the same time....
...And you did it without EPO, Andre! Now doping is no longer the order of the day, the peloton should be very worried about the threat you pose.

Best,

Dan. (...whose money is on the man with the French name from West Cork)

Andre Jute

Re:[quote author=Matt2matt2002 link=topic=7309.msg46841#msg46841 date=1379579290
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 02:51:35 am »
Many thanks. I recall that has far as having to cut the chain glider or not, one factor is the size of front and rear cog.

I've replied to this remark in the thead Factory lube/chaincase experiment (X8 chain, Chainglider, Surly SS & Rohloff) on p3 at message 43.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:53:24 am by Andre Jute »