Author Topic: Thorn Raven Sport Tour  (Read 2823 times)

tailendcharlie

Thorn Raven Sport Tour
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:07:31 am »
With reluctance I'm selling my trusty bike. It's finished in Cobalt Blue Pearl metallic and you'll notice from the photo that I've added a couple of Thorn bar ends in the middle of the handlebars which helps give a more aerodynamic profile if going into a head wind. The bike is four years old and has done a few thousand miles since purchase but is still in excellent condition both mechanically and aesthetically. I'm looking for offers in the region of £1200. I live near Oxford and would be prepared to deliver within say a 100 mile radius, if you contributed towards the fuel. My email is martinpearce9@gmail.com
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:06:40 pm by tailendcharlie »

in4

Re: Thorn Raven Sport Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:38:43 am »
Looks a fabulous bike. Can you tell us all what size it is please? !

tailendcharlie

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:34 pm »
It's a 511L which is suitable for a smaller rider (5ft 3in to 5ft 7in)

bertiep

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:40:52 pm »
Hello there
This looks like a lovely bike but could you provide a litttle more detailed info about it's components and some better quality images.
Many thanks

tailendcharlie

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 03:28:07 pm »
This was a bike build done by Thorn themselves and the major components are as follows;
511 frame in Cobalt Blue metallic
Handlebar-Thorn straight bar to which I subsequently added Thorn bar ends
Rohloff 14-speed hub gear
Panaracer Pasela Tourguard 26 x 1.75 tyres with Kevlar belts and Presta valves
Shimano Deore V brakes
Brooks B17 standard saddle

I can email you a copy of the invoice if you provide your details. The bike is stored at a friend's at the moment but I'll try and get some more photos done, the only problem being that this site only accepts them very reduced. Again I'd be happy to email higher-res ones to you direct.

Hope this helps

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 04:05:14 pm »
Hi Charlie; welcome to the Forum!

It is possible to attach photos up to 512K in size which can display pretty large depending on screen size. If you are using a PC and are using Microsoft's free PowerToys ImageResizer (or its equivalent for WinVista and 7), you can choose to resize "Large" and it comes out much bigger in dimension, though reduced in bytes.

Alternatively, if you already have photos stored online at a hosted site, you can link them in the body of your text with html tags and they will display close to full-screen in size. I've posted a little tutorial that might help here: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0

If you get truly stuck, PM then email me and I'll reduce and post them for you as attachments.

Best of luck on your sale; that bike is a beauty.

Dan.

tailendcharlie

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »
That's very kind of you Dan and thanks for all that helpful advice. As soon as I've got the new photos taken, I'll have a go at posting them but if I don't get any success, I'll take you up on your offer to do it.

Thanks very much. It's really refreshing to know there are some kind helpful people out there.

PS the bike is a beauty but it's a heavy one  and I no longer find it suitable for the type of cycling I'm doing.

tailendcharlie

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 03:42:10 pm »
Have now put this on eBay if anyone wants to put in a bid. Here's the reference

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190840191985

tailendcharlie

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:24:21 am »
Just to let you know, the bike sold on eBay and has now gone to another appreciative owner.