Author Topic: Work stand for a triple  (Read 14775 times)

Skywalker

Work stand for a triple
« on: October 27, 2005, 07:32:36 am »
Having just become the proud owner of the 'Blue Peter' Trident I'm going through the tandem maintenance learning curve. Can anyone suggest a sutable work stand that will cope?

Thorn site states the Minoura RS5000 is good for tandems and my dad (lifelong bike tinkerer) thinks the tacx spider may be up to the task. I was thinking of 2 cheap stands used in tandem (sorry) may be a better option.

Any thoughts welcome.

S.

steve

Re: Work stand for a triple
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:39:57 pm »
This guy's blog has your answer.

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/chrisg/Weblog?catname=%2FCycling

I just get the kids to help me if I need someone to change gear while working at the r.wheel of my own triplet....
Steve

Skywalker

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 10:28:52 am »
Thanks Steve

At least the link confirms that the Minoura can cope with a triplet. I think we're goint to go down a home grown 'two ladder hooks + long load straps in the roof of the garage approach'.

I just get the kids to help me if I need someone to change gear while working at the r.wheel of my own triplet....
Steve
[/quote]

As my son is five I'm a few years away from this kind of assistance and wouldn't want to fall foul of child labour regulations.

Regards.

S.

Skywalker

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 02:52:25 pm »
Just in case anyone is interested we ended up getting the Minoura 5000.

Does the job fine - even works slightly off center (to accomodate kiddie cranks).

Regards,

S.