Author Topic: New Arrival....  (Read 4359 times)

ianshearin

Re: New Arrival....
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »
Its a cheapy thing Matt, cost about £5, just got it as a placeholder to hold a tube and some patches.
It is held on by straps and is not easy to get to, but as it just has a tube in it I wasnt bothered.
I will be looking at something from Carradice, I have mailed them today and asked if I can visit.

Maybe I can see if they have anything going cheap (seconds) and see if anyone from the forums here wants anything.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

jags

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 09:27:16 pm »
Ian a nice black carradice  rack bag would look very well on the new bike.

janeh

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »
When I had drops I preferred the top bits (from the bar tops to the brake levers) to be horizontal ish rather than poiting down, but this does mean the drops are then sloped. Now I have straight bars and taking time to get used to them. Endless opportunities for tinkering..

Andre Jute

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 11:23:11 pm »
Now I have straight bars and taking time to get used to them. Endless opportunities for tinkering..

I dunno about "tinkering", Jane. Seems to me that millimeters count on the handlebars because of the effect of muscle pulls ending in the small of your back, determining your comfort and ease on the bike, and eventually your pleasure in using it. I certainly feel the difference even new grips, a couple of mil thicker or thinner, make to my posture on the bike, and think nothing of resetting the bars repeatedly a tiny fraction of an inch each time, until they feel just right. No point in having an expensive bike if it can't be made to fit you precisely as required. Those are necessary adjustments!

Andre Jute

janeh

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 02:15:23 pm »
Hmm, I suppose the word "tinkering" makes it sound like I think the adjustments are unnecessary, but I agree, a small tweak here and there can make a big comfort difference! I did a lot of tinkering with my drops. I learned that there are many different styles of drops out there, all of which feel a bit different and can give you a slightly different position..

ankaradan

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 03:01:05 pm »
Looks a lovely bike; can't wait for mine to arrive in spring