Author Topic: I AM LOOKING FOR THIS PANNIER BAG  (Read 3312 times)

Thor

I AM LOOKING FOR THIS PANNIER BAG
« on: November 13, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »
?? I AM LOOKING TO PAIR THIS PANNIER BAG AND I AM WILLING TO PAY POSTAGE AND PACAGING FOR GREECE. THANKS.

jags

Re: I AM LOOKING FOR THIS PANNIER BAG
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:03:55 pm »
did you try Spa cycles.co.uk they might just have it. ;)

Thor

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:41:18 pm »
unfortunately no. thanks for the answers. is very old model and maybe i find it used

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:23:09 am »
Hi Thor!

I believe this is the Dawes Universal Pannier, currently still available here:
http://activesport.co.uk/shop/article_1936/Dawes

The panniers at ActiveSport show available as singles or multiples, as desired, and can be added to the shopping cart. In a focused search, this is the only vendor I found who still appeared to still have them in stock.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Dan.

Andre Jute

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:28:26 am »
?? I AM LOOKING TO PAIR THIS PANNIER BAG AND I AM WILLING TO PAY POSTAGE AND PACAGING FOR GREECE. THANKS.

I looked into those panniers because of their attractive styling when CRC was selling them off at the end of their production run a few years ago. There were complaints at the time that they fell apart in a few months' light use, that they let in water, etc. Unless you have an overwhelming reason for wanting them beyond the aesthetics, I'd suggest you look elsewhere, perhaps at the workmanlike Basil panniers. Maybe CRC also offers free delivery to Greece, which could keep the cost down: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=Basil and scrolls down to the Basil Mara Mars Double Pannier Bag for €23.05, a bargain in any language!

Andre Jute

Thor

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:56:31 am »
Thank you all for your quick response and help. I want to say that this bag is very durable. I am using this pannier bag every day for over three years now going to my office ang back and never faild me. For the rain comes with a waterproof cover but in Greece have no use because the rain is very rare. Also is very handy as a front pannier bar for my Thorn Club Tour.

Thank you all. From sunny Greece have a great day.

Andre Jute

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:40 am »
Good heavens. Well, it just goes to show, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the net. Three years of daily use is pretty good for inexpensive panniers. -- Andre Jute

Thor

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »
I PLACE MY ORDER TO http://activesport.co.uk/shop/article_1936/Dawes I PAY  immediately i received a cancellation mail saying that the supplier cant deliver the product. So I'm still looking.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 04:23:49 pm »
...immediately i received a cancellation mail...
Oh! What a disappointment, Thor. This was the only "possible" I found in my search for you.

I think your best chance for finding a replacement might be an online resale site like eBay or gumtree. Sometimes, these things are country- or region-specific, like adverts.ie or Craigslist. I watch both of those pretty closely, will keep an eye open for a bag like yours and will notify you if one appears.

Best,

Dan.