Author Topic: Happy Hallowe'en from Danneaux  (Read 1962 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Happy Hallowe'en from Danneaux
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »
Hi All!

Looks to be a rainy Hallowe'en here in Danneauxville. Still, a fair number of kids should arrive for Trick or Treat once it moves toward evening and darkness. No candy treats this year; the kids usually overdose on the stuff and have get sugar highs, so a few years ago, I switched to toys. Last year was little ghostly pinball games and posable plastic spiders with colored webs; this year, it is parachuting ghosts and goblins (they worked in my field-testing...) and little eyeball-shaped bottles full of bubble-blowing solution and tiny squirt toys. For good measure, there's ghostly printed pencils and pumpkin-shaped paper erasers. The last few years, the toys have resulted in comebacks among the kids wanting "seconds" on everything and a few trips to the porch by parents, giving thanks for toys and trinkets instead of candy.

Of course, the dentists all hate me (not! They're doing candy buybacks this year to save the kids' teeth).

Hope you're all having fun this year as well.

Best,

Dan. (...who isn't Batman 'cos this is Halloween and I'm supposed to be in disguise)

jags

Re: Happy Hallowe'en from Danneaux
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
 ;D ;D very good dan we havent had one kid call which is very strange, our grand kids Chloe and nicole  had a great time came home with bag's full of sweets ,
now we have to listen to bangers going off all night. >:(