Author Topic: Thorn Raven Tour 562L  (Read 3189 times)

stormdog

• http://www.conwy-valley.org.uk
Thorn Raven Tour 562L
« on: October 27, 2012, 08:20:48 pm »
Hi,

I have decided to sell my Thorn Raven Tour because it is under used with me spending more time out on my older Raven Sport Tour. I cannot really substantiate keeping two very similar bikes. The bike has only done 250 miles from new.

I have all receipts and manuals and the bike was new in March 2011.

The spec is as follows:-

Ergon GP1-L Anatomic Grips.
Alloy 6061 Thorn Flat Bars.
Andra 30 Black /Black Rohloff/Black Deore Wheel Kit
Rohloff 14 Speed Hub
Rigida Andra 30 26" MTB Rims
Schwalbe Hurricane Tyres 26-2.00 inch
Shimano Deore Brake Set
170mm Thorn Triple Crankset
SKS chromoplastic 26" mudguards Black 55
Brooks B17 Saddle
Shimano PD-M540 SPD Pedals
Thorn Expedition Steel Rear Cycle Pannier Rack
Thorn Mk V Cro Mo Steel Low Loader Rack
Thorn Accessory Bar T Shaped 105 mm Extension
Cat Eye CC-MM100W Micro Wireless Cycle Computer
Schmidt Edelux High Power Headlight with Standlight & Senso
Schmidt SON delux Dynamo Front Hub.

The bike condition is as you would expect with the mileage. It is a beautiful well speced bike and as you would epect from Thorn a lovely bike to ride.

The bike cost £2620 new. I am looking for around £1750.

If you would like further information or more pictures please pm me.

I would prefer collection but could arrange to meet a reasonable distance, I would prefer not to post because of the chance of damage.

I live in North Wales.

kind regards

John

Not sure if the pictures have uploaded if they have not please pm and I can send you some

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Thorn Raven Tour 562L
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:35:23 pm »
Hi John!

I'm sad to see this one go from your collection, but totally understand the problem of keeping and riding two such similar bikes.

I feel I really should point out the uncut steerer -- this is a rare but very valuable item in a used bike (if one with only 250 miles could rightly be called "used"!) as it allows maximum flexibility in position and fitting for the new buyer.

This is just an outstanding machine, and very fairly priced. I'm sure we'll soon see a happy buyer and seller from this one!
Not sure if the pictures have uploaded if they have not please pm and I can send you some
Only a right-profile photo showed up, but it portrays the bike nicely. If you run into problems posting photos, PM or email me and I'll be happy to put them up for you.

All the best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:37:08 pm by Danneaux »

stormdog

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »
Hi Dan,

I went out on it today it was great riding it but I am thinking why have two such similar bikes??? The trouble is I really enjoy tinkering with my bikes and just looking at them.

Thanks for your comments I would not have thought of the flexibility. Even though I tried to upload three pics which I have reduced to 640x340 it would not allow me to upload them. Thanks for your offer, I will get some extra pics taken of specific components and will get back to you

Thanks again Dan you are a star.

kind regards

John

stormdog

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »
Hi

The bike has now been sold to a really nice guy who I am sure will get lots of enjoyment from it.

He saw it on this website.

John

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:37:20 pm »
Wonderful outcome, John; just what we would hope for. Sounds like a good outcome for buyer and seller alike. Looking forward to encouraging the new owner to post gallery photos of his "new-to-him" bicycle -- it is a beauty, and sure to be remain so as it transitions to new ownership and takes on a whole new personalized "look".

All the best,

Dan.

john1711

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:16:11 pm »
Thanks John, it's a great bike! I'm looking forward to a few adventures on it in the near future!! It was lovely to meet you both.... If you feel like a coffee stop on your way down to Cardiff, then let me know and I'll get the kettle on!!! Thanks again. John

Ps.... Dan,  I will be sure to post some pictures soon ! :)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »
Welcome to the Thorn Cycling Forums, John(1711); looking forward to hearing more from you as you enjoy your lovely new bicycle! Our other John (stormdog) is a fine fellow, and this sounds like a great transaction all-'round; can't ask for better!

All the best,

Dan.

john1711

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »
Thanks dan!  I cant wait to test it out..... I'm thinking of taking it over the black mountains this weekend :) John is a fine chap..... I hope to see him again- maybe on the road- you never know! all the best, John   

stormdog

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »
Hi John,

Sure we will meet up at sometime perhaps in April when I am doing Cardiff to Holyhead, and I know my wife will be in touch with your mum re the geese. If you get some pics this weekend lets have a look at them on the forum, it will great to see the bike in use. Really nice to meet you all.

kind regards

John