Author Topic: Shopping Trip  (Read 3703 times)

Andybg

Shopping Trip
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »
Well I set off in the morning for the 3000km sprint across Europe back to the UK. It is the annual family visiting and excuse for cycle accessory shopping.

Probably offline for 2-3days so will catch up on all the topics when I get back online.

Cheers

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Shopping Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
We'll miss you, Andy, and will surely be looking forward to your return and full reports on any bike-related acquisitions!

I have a feeling at least one Thorn may figure in all this.  ;)

Best wishes for a safe journey and fun times.

Dan.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:55:42 PM by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
Andy have a super trip really looking forward to seening photos of the new Mercury ;)

Andybg

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
Well we have made it to the UK safe and sound and have dropped off the RST with its new owner so hopefully he will be a new member on here soon.

Pick the new bike up on Thursday. It is a Thorn but not a Mercury Jags so will tell all when I get it.

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »
Yay, Andy!

Sounds like the best kind of trip so far!  Glad you arrived safe 'n' sound.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
Have a good one andy. ;)

Andybg

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
We have arrived home safetly after a 6500km round trip. The van is mainly full of child toys and sofas but there are some new exciting cycle purchases to  unpack over the next few days.

Andy

jags

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
good stuff guess i had better stayed tuned until i find out what are all the goodies. ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
Welcome back, Andy, and good to know of your safe return. Good also to now there's "bike toys" for grownups among the kiddies' stuff and sofas (!). How did you ever...? Well, where there's a will -- and bike stuff! -- there's always a way. I once flew home from Southern California wearing a new bike helmet. Caused all kinds of wry comments from fellow airline passengers wondering if I knew something they did not. :-X  Of course, it was red for great visibility. Sure beat putting it in a box where it could be crushed with the rest of my checked luggage!  :o

Looking forward to the full reports, as always, Andy. I have a hunch there's some real Treasure in this haul!

All the best,

Dan.