Author Topic: Thorn Sherpa 510XL - SOLD  (Read 2926 times)

ianm21

Thorn Sherpa 510XL - SOLD
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »
Thorn Sherpa Tourer

510XL frame, Shimano Deore 9 speed triple (22/32/44) with Shimano HG80 cassette (11-34).
Ergon bar ends, SKS Chromoplastic mudguards, San Marco Rolls saddle, Blackburn MTN rear pannier rack.

Purchased new July 2009, little used, immaculate condition (I have the original receipt).

I am selling this bike on behalf of my Dad who, after years of touring (not on this bike), has decided to call it a day :-[.
He has however just bought an electric bike to satisfy his need for speed :).

I would prefer to sell the bike through the forum but will move it to eBay in a few weeks with a starting price of £750.

See larger photos further down page.

If you would like to see the bike or have any questions please contact me via email or on 01666 860664. I live near Malmesbury (SN16).

Thanks for looking.

Ian
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:13:50 pm by ianm21 »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Thorn Sherpa 510XL for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »
Hi Ian!

Welcome to the Forum!

My, that's a lovely looking bike, and I hope the posting will result in a good sale for you and your Dad. Sorry to hear he won't be using it, but he's on his way to a nice-sounding successor!  The rest of us will be trying to keep up with him on his new ride.  ;)

Only suggestion I might make is for larger photos so others can better see all that's good about the bike. I posted a little tutorial here that might help if you'd like: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0 The ones you have will surely whet the appetite of interested buyers, so I don't think you'll have to wait long for a sale. Sounds ideal! Thanks for posting it here first.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:51:41 pm »
say dan would your buddy not be interested in this bike much like mine ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »
would your buddy not be interested in this bike much like mine
And a real beauty, too! Yes, this is much like what he was considering, but he has quenched his "bike lust" for now so is out of the market (temporarily, at least...can any of us ever be fully "cured"?  :D ).

Ian's father's bike is just the perfect solution to filling someone's Dream Bike requirement, and I'm sure he'll find a buyer soon.

All the best,

Dan.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 03:30:38 pm »
(Posting on Ian's behalf; all photos are his, showing his father's bike for sale) -- Best, Dan.

ianm21

Now sold - Thorn Sherpa 510XL
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:59:25 am »
Just a quick note to let you know we've sold this bike  ;D

Chap came to look at it yesterday, sensible discussion about price and off he went with his new purchase. It's got an exciting life ahead - including an overland trip to India this winter. Go Rob and let us know how you get on!!

Thank you Forum - good guys to deal with.

Cheers

Ian

in4

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 02:13:18 pm »
Rob has got himself a wonderful steed for his forthcoming trip to India. I'm sure the good Burghers of this parish will be pleased to offer advice should it be sought.

jags

Re: Thorn Sherpa 510XL - SOLD
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 04:16:37 pm »
well done he got himself a great bike at bargain price lucky devil. ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Thorn Sherpa 510XL - SOLD
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 02:53:52 am »
Congratulations to Ian, his Dad, and the buyer, Rob.

Sounds as if everyone made out alright on this one...even the Sherpa, who will soon be gamboling through an exotic Adventure!

Best,

Dan.