Author Topic: Spare ortlieb 11mm inserts anyone?  (Read 3449 times)

neil_p

Spare ortlieb 11mm inserts anyone?
« on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »
Hi everyone

I'm helping my mum in law get sorted with her new Dawes Galaxy for her first solo trip to France... she has lost the 11mm inserts for her ortlieb panniers (i.e. the little black inserts that help the clips fit snugly to the rack). Does anyone have a set of 4 (enough for 2 panniers)? Happy to pay postage plus a couple of quid.

Regards

Neil

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Spare ortlieb 11mm inserts anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:35:48 pm »
Hi Neil,

Oh, what rotten luck, and on the eve of a Big Trip, too!

I'd be happy to pass some on to you, but I'm using them.  Hmm. The inserts can be readily ordered, and might arrive as quickly as if someone sends them privately. Have you checked online? SJS Cycles to the rescue:
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/ortlieb-plastic-inserts-u-shaped-for-pannier-qr-hooks-2-x-8mm-2-x-11mm-for-ql1-and-ql2-versions-oe166-prod12402/
Not too bad at £4.09 for a complete set of 4.

I hope this helps...

Best wishes to her on the upcoming trip and to you on helping her get ready -- a First Class Son-In-Law!

Dan.

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 10:02:48 pm »
What ones are the 11mm the small ones? I might have a few but can't be certain. I'll have a look tomorrow.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

neil_p

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:46:15 am »
The inserts can be readily ordered, and might arrive as quickly as if someone sends them privately. Have you checked online? SJS Cycles to the rescue:
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/ortlieb-plastic-inserts-u-shaped-for-pannier-qr-hooks-2-x-8mm-2-x-11mm-for-ql1-and-ql2-versions-oe166-prod12402/
Not too bad at £4.09 for a complete set of 4.

Hi Dan, I did see those... that would cover only one pannier though, so would need two sets... think it's the best way forward.

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »
Sorry Neil. I haven't got any.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

neil_p

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »
Sorry Neil. I haven't got any.

Thanks for looking... we have now found the missing 11mm inserts.... phew! Panic over :)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 04:14:55 pm »
...we have now found the missing 11mm inserts...
Yay!

I store my spares in their little plastic zip-top bag inside the inner mesh pocket of one of my Ortliebs so I can find them again if needed.

It is compulsory to lose some small but vital part just as you are about to depart on-tour.

Your mum-in-law will now be safe, as she has complied with the Law of Last-Minute-Losties.

Best,

Dan.