Author Topic: Bike rent in Lyon France  (Read 4188 times)

Cedric

Bike rent in Lyon France
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:38:43 pm »
Dear all,

Next week I’m going to Lyon France for a business trip.
I would like to rent a bike there for these days. Tried to find something but failed.
I know about this public service: http://www.velov.grandlyon.com/?L=1 but it is not very suitable, because there is no station near the office of the company I’m going to.

I could not find any bike shop, club, or travel agency in Lyon which could provide this kind of service. It is hard to believe considering the high cycle culture in Lyon (I have alreade had a map of cycle routes.

May be any of you could advise to me something? French bike forum?

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:28:23 pm by Cedric »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Bike rent in Lyon France
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »
Oleksandr,

The best I can find at the moment is the same Grand Lyon firm you did. They have moved into Lyon with a rental-business model copied from a similar one in Paris, and it seems to have overwhelmed the other local bike-hire firms.

If you can give a cross-street for your destination, I will try to find something for you that is close to it.

It is also possible a local bike shop of atelier of some sort may offer casual rental of an older bike from their stock. It might be worth inquiring there.

I'll look further...

Safe trip and happy travels.

Best,

Dan.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Bike rent in Lyon France
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:19:45 pm »
Oleksandr,

I think this might be the best choice to pursue, but I am not sure if they will be close to your location in Lyon (see address below):

Chovin Roland
Description:
Motorcycle, Scooter and cycle hire shop located at 41 avenue Louis Masson, Chabeuil (26).
Contact Details:
Tel: 04 75 59 25 53
   International: +33 4 75 59 25 53

There is also this firm, but they seem to specialize in guided tours rather than just rentals, but might be willing to let a bike for rent:

Orientation Velo
Description:
Cycle hire company with experienced instructor and guide for day tours in and around the city. Based at 212 avenue Felix Faure, Lyon (69).
Contact Details:
Send an e-mail to Orientation Velo
Tel: 06 50 53 88 37
   International: +33 6 50 53 88 37

This firm offer electrically-assisted bikes (not what you are seeking, I suspect).

Bike and See
9 place Antonin Poncet (Bellecour) – 69002 Lyon
Tel. +33(0)4 72 41 84 80
www.bike-and-see.fr
Electrically assisted bikes with multimedia guide in English.

http://www.bikerentalfrance.com/ Claim to offer carbon road bikes in the Lyon area, but they are very expensive to rent and do not come with pedals (!).

Might it be possible to take a taxi, metro, or bus to the bike-hire station?

Best,

Dan.