Author Topic: Winter in Suffolk with my RST  (Read 6620 times)

Andybg

Re: Winter in Suffolk with my RST
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 06:35:33 am »
I really hope the bike turns out comfortable for you. Just wondering what they had to say about the EBB. I have heard of some experts having a real issue with an EBB stating that it is the one position that all the others are set up in relation to. The idea of then moving it around basically "destroys" the bike set up.

I hasten to add this is not my view. As long as I can touch the pedals and the handlebars at the same time I pretty much manage to get on with any bike.

Regards

Andy

tintintin

Re: Winter in Suffolk with my RST
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:47 am »
[quoteI really hope the bike turns out comfortable for you. Just wondering what they had to say about the EBB. I have heard of some experts having a real issue with an EBB stating that it is the one position that all the others are set up in relation to. The idea of then moving it around basically "destroys" the bike set up.

I hasten to add this is not my view. As long as I can touch the pedals and the handlebars at the same time I pretty much manage to get on with any bike.

Regards

Andy][/quote]

I honestly don,t think it was considered Andy, and I haven,t measured the overall distance between the extremes of the EBB distances to see if the changes are big enough to worry about. The EBB is at the top at present and I,m guessing that the distance between centre BB and the end of the seat and the overall seat height from centre BB may need tweaking when I adjust it next time.  Good point!

Will