Author Topic: Recommendations for a good floor pump with pressure gauge?  (Read 6026 times)

Relayer

Re: Recommendations for a good floor pump with pressure gauge?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 01:22:34 pm »
Just thought I'd post a link to the latest incarnation of the Silca track pump ...

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/tools/cycling-tools/floor-track-pump/product/review-silca-super-pista-track-pump-12-46681?CPN=RSS&SOURCE=BRGENHOME

where it gets a very impressive maximum 5 stars!  
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:25:35 pm by Relayer »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Recommendations for a good floor pump with pressure gauge?
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:13 pm »
What a nice find, Jim; thanks for passing this on!

I'm a very tactile person, and would love to hold that nicely turned wooden handle. Looks like they even put a nice polyurethane varnish finish on the natural wood. I might add handgrips/padding of some sort even so, as I tend to use the full stroke on a floor pump, and can't seem to avoid bottoming out -- ouch! Fine with padding or bike mitts, though, and the latter would leave that pretty wood showing for display. It even has a "head badge" of sorts!

There is something reassuring in Silca continuing such a now-vintage design with full repairability and readily available replacement parts. I'm seeing more and more "vintage" reintroductions with similar features, but at high prices. Hopefully, this is a trend that will continue throughout the industry. Repairability = Good but pricier. Remove-and-Replace...not so much.

Best,

Dan.