Author Topic: All New Online Store - www.sjscycles.com  (Read 12566 times)

Andrew

All New Online Store - www.sjscycles.com
« on: June 15, 2006, 05:26:13 pm »
Our all new online store is now live and packed with over 7,000 products.

Take a look now!

http://www.sjscycles.com

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Andrew [:)]

hsps1

Re: All New Online Store - www.sjscycles.com
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:54:51 pm »
Same stock which is why I come back to it time after time, really nice to look at too.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:52 pm »
Just a suggestion.  Put a link to the thorncycles web site on the Bikes & Frames page.

I realise there is a link on the home page but I missed it.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:52:14 pm »
Just spoted another problem www.thorncycles.co.uk takes you to the SJS Cycles Site! Instead of the Thorn site

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 10:09:25 pm »
Sorry found some more problems all but one of the links in the left column of the Customer Services page are broken.  The same links are also broken on the About SJSC page and the Contact Us pages

Most of these links are also on the top right of the pages and DO work from there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 10:10:18 pm by stutho »

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:14:18 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by stutho

Just a suggestion.  Put a link to the thorncycles web site on the Bikes & Frames page.

I realise there is a link on the home page but I missed it.

Hi Stutho,

Thanks for the valuable feedback, I will get on the case straight away!

Andrew

Roberto

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 10:29:46 pm »
Nice set up and easy to browse, but I feel that the descriptions of each item were more detailed in the old site.

john28july

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 08:49:48 am »
One small point but one which I think might be taken on board. The pictures of frames are rather small. On the original site the pictures came up much larger with the + zoom button.
But, must admit the new site looks good.
John.

RJC

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 03:46:25 pm »
Is there a link to this forum on the new website?
I couldn't find one.

Robin

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 04:16:25 pm »
Yes you need to go into the Thorn bikes website by clicking on the link on the homepage, then click on the link to the Thorn site on the next page.  The Thorn website has a tab labeled Forum

Steve J

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 07:03:54 am »
Can't figure out how to start a new thread on this site!!! So posting it here in the wrong place.

New line-up from THORN.

I could always depend on Thorn to build solid, no nonsense bikes. I've bought two of them and my friend has bought another two.So a new bike in the range is always an exciting ( but potentially expensive) event. But I have to say, I'm somewhat confused by the NEW Mercury. What is this all about?
It seems to be trying to do everything at once with options all over the place, and as some have said, very much seems to contradict, with it's parts options, much of the SJS wisdom of earlier models. Disc brakes and carbon forks? Showroom finishes? Much like an American tourer. Whaaaaat?
Yes, it's great to have a choice but I'm not sure where this is going. And at the expense of quietly dropping from the range a lovely, solid bike like the Sterling with no replacement in the way of a full Ripio build available? Thank goodness the traditional billiard cue and celtic bands are still there or I might worry these bikes are not Thorns anymore. Even the load carrying abilities seem reduced with lots of limitations mentioned.
SO glad I bought a Sterling when I had the chance. Wish they would bring back the Catalyst and Enduro bikes too.!!
Looks like marketing is written all over this new bike, but it is a somewhat confusing choice, exactly the thing which led me to avoid buying other brands and investing in Thorn bikes in the first place.
Anyone else have any thoughts about this?