Author Topic: Thorn Sherpa 485L and wheelset for sale in Auckland (New Zealand)  (Read 2468 times)

hutzelbein

Probably a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask: anybody in Auckland, New Zealand, interested in a used Thorn Sherpa frame and/or an SJS wheelset, complete with tires and tubes?

I brought the bike with me from Europe, but getting it back seems to be very expensive. Selling the frame and the wheelsets would make my life easier.

I bought the frame early 2010. It has been used as a city bike for a short while, for a short tour in Europe, and I'm currently using it for a tour on the North Island (New Zealand). My estimate is that I will have cycled max. 3.500km by the time I'm ending my tour. The frame has a couple of scratches as can be expected of a used bike, and unfortunately New Zealand post added a small dent to the down tube. Overall the frame looks pretty nice, though. I should also add that I had the bottom bracket faced by Thorn. The bike has been a joy to ride, and I would buy a Sherpa again anytime.

The wheelset was bought together with the frame (therefore has done the same km). To me the wheels still look as good as new. The wheelset comes with the tires (super expensive and super puncture proof Continental Top Contacts) and the tubes (also Continentals - up to now no flats, no patches).

I'm expecting to finish my tour early/mid May in Auckland. Please let me know if you're interested and let me know what you would be willing to pay. Consider that if you were to order directly from SJS, you would need to pay shipping and customs...

ruds23

Re: Thorn Sherpa 485L and wheelset for sale in Auckland (New Zealand)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:08 am »
Hi. I could be interested if it is still available. Please email ruds23 at yahoo dot com.

davidcels

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:49:17 pm »
Hello, is your bike still available? Please contact me on david@cels.net.au
I can take delivery in Auckland ok.
Thank you David Cels

pushbike

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »
hi, have you sold the bike yet?

hutzelbein

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:31:06 pm »
Sorry, the bike is not available anymore. There was some interest, but nobody wanted to buy the frame only. I ended up mailing back some of my luggage and taking the bike on the plane instead.