Author Topic: Suspension Forks for Sport Tour (which ones?)  (Read 3430 times)

pedmen

Suspension Forks for Sport Tour (which ones?)
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:56:41 pm »
Hi

Has anyone put suspension forks on a Sport Tour?

If so, which ones would be the best (under £150)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks  ;)

brummie

Re: Suspension Forks for Sport Tour (which ones?)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »
None ! - The RST is not designed to take suspension forks - they're longer than the standard forks so would really upset the geometry of the bike.( & void your frame warranty !) - You'd be better off with a Thorn Sterling ( Or my Catalyst frame from the classifieds ! )

Paulson

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »
Yes, the forks are not meant to be changed from the ones supplied with the bike.  You can't even put Raven forks on an RST for the same reason.

I hope Mr Blance doesn't read this thread, as I'm sure he might put this point more robustly!!

pedmen

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:30:44 am »
  :'(  Mmmmmm.  Thank you for your help.  Going to be selling it very soon if anyone's interested. 

Will put advert on the For Sale forum.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
None ! - The RST is not designed to take suspension forks - they're longer than the standard forks so would really upset the geometry of the bike.( & void your frame warranty !) - You'd be better off with a Thorn Sterling ( Or my Catalyst frame from the classifieds ! )

That is not entirely true!  The Mk1 RST (long top tube variant) can be fitted with suspension forks.  I don't know about the current version.  Sjsc used to offer suspension forks as an option!  I am pretty sure the forks they used were  Magura Odur (85mm travel) 

brummie

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:57:26 pm »
That is not entirely true!  The Mk1 RST (long top tube variant) can be fitted with suspension forks.  I don't know about the current version.  Sjsc used to offer suspension forks as an option!  I am pretty sure the forks they used were  Magura Odur (85mm travel) 

I seem to remember the Magura Odur was an option on the Mk1 Raven Tour ( as they were designed to be used with the longer twin plate crown fork compared to the shorter steel ( or Thorn Carbon ) fork on the Raven Sport Tours... Later RSTs' had the geometry tweaked further &  suspension forks are a definate no no.