Author Topic: My new baby has arrived!  (Read 21026 times)

Team Triplet

Re: My new baby has arrived!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 07:58:47 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Motty

Team Triplet

The dropped bar Rolhoff Exp looks ideal, what brakes are you using on it?

LX V brakes with Diacompe 287 V levers

Michael Falk

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 06:32:06 am »
I'm a little annoyed that when I ordered my Thorn Rohloff eXp last year & specifically asked for double eyelets at the rear drop-outs I was told that they weren't going to be produced that way. Hence I had no choice & only got a single eyelet & now it is possible to get double eyelets (going by Team Triplet's eXp).

Michael Falk

luceberg

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 09:33:49 pm »
In light of the bag swapping, your choice of rack makes sense. Very nice bike and sure to be a good ride.

Ashley

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 01:36:31 am »
That is a really nice Raven EXP Team Triplet. Just about the most perfect touring bicycle that you could hope for. Hope that you have some great adventures on it.

Stijn

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 10:25:44 am »
Nice bike. It needs a bit of dirt on it though ;)

The dutch elastic straps your fitted are the posh type. The basic Dutch type are cheap plain black rubber ones in two strands over the rear carrier, the ones which get brittle after a while and crack.

I thought I'd all treat you on a nice collection of old school dutch bikes:
 http://www.waanders-rijwielen.nl/WebWinkel/omafiets.html

The type of bike on with you can hang two large bags of shopping on either side of the handle bar while holding and umbrella to protect both yourself and your friend on the back from the rain while driving swifly done a cobble stone road.

Team Triplet

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2004, 08:00:15 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Stijn

Nice bike. It needs a bit of dirt on it though ;)

I thought I'd all treat you on a nice collection of old school dutch bikes:
 http://www.waanders-rijwielen.nl/WebWinkel/omafiets.html

The type of bike on with you can hang two large bags of shopping on either side of the handle bar while holding and umbrella to protect both yourself and your friend on the back from the rain while driving swifly done a cobble stone road.

You should see my baby now - time she had bath!

As for the classic Dutch cycles - I had to laugh in the Netherlands when I saw a few with tribars fitted!  Although most Dutch people I saw cycled with the "Dutch aerodynamic" postition, ie folded arms leaning on the handlebars!