Author Topic: Dropped my bike  (Read 2216 times)

stutho

• Administrator
Dropped my bike
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:00:19 am »
No I didn't crash, at least not this time!  ;)

Got home on Friday (new years eve) and hung the RST on its hook in my garage.  All my bikes are suspended by their front wheel from a roof rafter about  9 foot high.  Which means that the rear wheel is about 3 foot off the floor.

Inexplicably on Saturday morning I found the bike on the floor.  The fall did a fair bit of damage.   Rear mudguard destroyed; Rear Dynamo driven LED light (2 month old)  destroyed;  Bar end bell Destroyed; front wheel damaged - lost a spoke; rear wheel looks ok but need to inspect closer; Handle bars took a knock too - I haven't had time to remove the  bar tape to check for cracking  but I have a bad feeling that I will be shopping for a new set of bars in the next day or two.

Had family commitments on the weekend so didn't get any time to put it right

Not the start to 2011 that I wanted!

Stuart   

expr

Re: Dropped my bike
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:47:26 am »
Stuart sorry to hear that, seems a little odd did the bracket give way that you hang it on. Like you say not a good start, hope you manage to sort it out ok.

Dave.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:30:01 pm »
Bracket was intact.  I probably left the bike supported on the point of the hook rather than seated in the U of the hook.

cake

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:36:22 pm »
Oh dear, that sounds like an awful sight to be greeted by. 

Hopefully there will be no other breakages discovered while you are fixing it - fingers crossed for you!

Andre Jute

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:44:20 am »
Look at it this way: that's probably your quota of bad luck for the next four years, all at once. When you've fixed the damage, it is out of the way.

Better luck going forward.

André