Author Topic: Thoughts on Magura HS33 hydraulic brake for long distance  (Read 9352 times)

mski

Re: Thoughts on Magura HS33 hydraulic brake for long distance
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 08:11:30 pm »
Sorry hijacking the thread a bit but if you make it to Lahore. Look up Malik who owns the Regale internet inn, If you are there on a Thursday he will take you to a Qawalli ( Islamic devotional singing) and can arrange for you to go to Sufi night. Think all the details are in the Lonely planet Pakistan guide, definitely not to be missed.

peletiah

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 02:40:16 pm »
Thanks for the tip, will try(If i really get so far :-))

reb1

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 04:26:20 am »
    I am planning on purchasing a Nomad and would like to know if the mounting of the brakes on the back of the fork will create any problems for the Hydraulic cable on the HS33. I have a set of HS66 brakes on my 1990 burly tandem I put these on around 9 years ago. They are very powerful brakes. Without the steel brake boosters the fork and rear stays will expand out as I squeeze the brake handles. The main reason for putting them on was the lack of power to the rear brake with cabled brakes. I am on my fifth set of pads. It takes only your fingers to change these pads. I had to buy hydraulic line and a bleed kit to set them up on the tandem and they have never leaked. I initially had trouble bleeding them so I went to my friends motorcycle shop and he ordered a vacuum pump that works with hand pressure. I have the pads setup less than a mm from the rim and when I pull the handles there is no flex after they bottom on the rim. The HS33 brakes have larger hydraulic cylinders than the HS66. I have used many brakes over the past 35 years and none even compare to the HS66 so they should be even more powerful if you have them setup with no air in the lines. I believe the best disk to be the bicycle rim. The only disk brake I would even trust currently with heavy use is the Magura Big. Greenspeed has these as an option for some of there trikes. Hase puts these on there Pino tandem.