Author Topic: Help my Club Tour frame is scratched  (Read 1537 times)

skinner

Help my Club Tour frame is scratched
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »
I got a blue Club Tour November,love it. Just  had a nice ride London to Haystings on Sunday. On the train back
me and a friends bike toppled over his peddle has scratched my top tube, only four small marks but two have taken the
paint off down to the metal and the area feels a bit rough to touch.
Thorn gave me a small bottle of touch up paint with the bike. Should I sandpaper rub down smooth then paint over the area or
do I need to prime the bare spots.
I know all bikes get scratched but this is just in front of the saddle and would love to get it back to near perfect.
Please any help, hints.
I can email picture of scratches can't upload as this web site says my jpeg is to large .
Thanks to every one with for any help / tips in advance.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:46:00 pm by skinner »

julk

Re: Help my Club Tour frame is scratched
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:31 pm »
Sorry to hear of the paint damage.
As it is down to bare metal, I would act quickly and get some paint on soon, just to stop rust setting in.

Try putting masking tape right up to the damage and dab paint on to the bare metal with the tip of a sharpened matchstick. This will make a temporary repair until you decide how much work you want to do to make it look nice again. The sharpened matchstick technique allows some accuracy and only puts small amounts of paint on at any one point.

skinner

Re: Help my Club Tour frame is scratched
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 08:24:07 pm »
Bike is clean and dry so might try adding paint with a match.
Thanks for the post.