Author Topic: Audax Mk 3 build  (Read 7246 times)

rualexander

Re: Audax Mk 3 build
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:10 pm »
Thanks philb, you seem to have less seatpost exposed than I have although maybe you've put it up since you took the photo? I bought the carbon forks with mine so haven't tried the steel forks yet. By the way the carbon forks steerer is much shorter than that of the steel forks and I don't think I will need to cut it down.
Heres a photo of mine :

philb

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 06:54:33 am »
Looks nice. Your bars are higher than mine and I'm still adjusting the seat height. I didn't want the carbon fork because I wanted to run 28mm tyres. I went for a ride up Mt Wellington in Hobart (its summer here ;D) and I was really impressed how well the bike decended. Can't wait to go for a ride with a bit of a load.

Phil

rualexander

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 03:25:06 pm »
Actually I have a 700x28 Gatorskin on the front so they do fit ok with the carbon fork and there is still sufficient clearance for mudguards, I was expecting to have to swap my 700x25 Pasela from the back to the front for this reason but hasn't been necessary (I was going to run both wheels with 25's but am sticking with the 28 gatorskin til it wears out).
I enjoyed a good New Year in Hobart in 1996, nice city!

philb

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 12:04:33 am »
He I might have seen you, I was out in Hobart in 1996, down at the docks.
Hobart has some good summer riding and not too much traffic.

Erudin

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:13 am »
Been building mine up this week (525/small/medium), cabling, front derailleur, new stem and bartape left to do. Very happy with the frame, BB threaded in smoothly, saved loads of hassle having the frame workshop prep option with all the bolts included.

All done:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:02:44 am by Erudin »

philb

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24:50 am »
Looks good, I like the black and green together.

Heres  mine in 'Road Mode' with the fork upgrade and wheel upgrade. I like the 'Citron' (Mavic Open Pro) with the blue.

Enjoying the bike very much!