Author Topic: Do you want to keep the karma scale (smite & applaud)?  (Read 5584 times)

john28july

Re: Do you want to keep the karma scale (smite & applaud)?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 02:42:24 pm »
ive just done you because you did me.
I am in a great mood. I am off to Jersey soon.
John.

Fred A-M

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 02:55:58 pm »
What a kind-spirited cheerful cheeky chappy you are John!  I've obviously completely misread you!

I gather there's a lot of "bad karma" in Jersey at the mo, so do mind out that it doesn't get to you!  ;D

PH

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 10:17:13 am »
Before the karma scale is removed i thought i would applaud PH and Fred A-M for making me laugh  ;D

Well thank you Cake, have one back.
I've just given John an applaud for showing that he has sense of humour, it goes with the smite I gave him the other day for showing he hadn't.
I've also spread a few more around because I'm off work, the sun is shining and I'm shortly off for a bike ride.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 10:20:32 am by PH »

PH

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 11:52:52 pm »
I think we should have a third option on the poll. A new system where the + and - get added together, I'd rather be smited than ignored.

Fred A-M

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 08:34:21 pm »
PH

The perfect recipe for forum meltdown if ever there was one, given what we've already witnessed!  ;D

Your efforts to instigate a big love-in through liberal application of applause are however commendable, and infinitely preferable to the precedent!  :)

jimmer

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 11:02:59 pm »
There are a few issues to pick out from the confusion of Eastern religiosity embodied within the karmometer. Leaving aside the misappropriation of ancient, venerable and often quite tolerant world views for petty, spiteful ends; I feel that if we are to keep this measure of a person’s worth it should carry greater consequence than either John's whinging or Fred’s spitefulness. (There you go guys, an even handed distribution of opprobrium to unite disparate factions against a common cause, with no emoticon to modify meaning).

To that end I propose changing the present system by extending it to it’s logical theologically inevitable conclusion.

I propose a system more in line with the Hindu concept that ones actions in a previous life determine the progress of an individual towards the assimilation with the Godhead that is Nirvana.

Should ones ultimate karmic balance be negative then upon rebirth one is consigned to ride a bike less good than your current one, some thing brought down Halfords; a Apollo full susser perhaps, not one of the surprisingly bloody marvelous Chris Boardman range. Those gaining an overall positive performance management assessment get to upgrade to an eXXp (riding a Catalyst, I’d settle for an Enduro). You get the idea.

Given that assimilation to the Godhead is the aim, we all may aspire to incorporation into a hand woven Colnago carbon fiber frame when we die if we arrange to be cremated near enough to the factory for some of our stray carbon to slip in or to be so geologically perspicacious that we are buried so as to become an oil deposit used millions of years hence to produce nanotubes.

It is comforting to realize that we must all must have lead fairly blameless previous lives otherwise we would not be astride such great bikes as we are. So let’s not jeopardise our eternal cycling ecstasy by bickering.

Love and peace to all.

James

jimmer

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 11:42:01 pm »
Just realised that to many with sense "logical theological conclusion" may be oxymoronic.

peter jenkins

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 08:55:14 am »
Somehow, 'smited' doesn't seem the past tense of 'smite'

It could be 'smote' but I think I prefer 'smut'    :D

PH

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:47 pm »
Only a few more hours to get smut :o

DavidH

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 08:42:28 pm »
It is comforting to realize that we must all must have lead fairly blameless previous lives otherwise we would not be astride such great bikes as we are.

It strikes me that to reflect this we should therefore all get a hefty dose of applause. I have been sprinkling applauses around like one would holy water, but with this one hour limit on repeat karmic retribution, I don't think our virtues will be fully recognised before judgement day arrives shortly before the stroke of midnight.

Perhaps I should be smitten for being sanctimonious about great bikes = previous good karma?

Fred A-M

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 09:59:20 pm »
Jimmer,

Maybe if I'd subjected you to a hidden campaign of smiting for no apparent reason, I could respect your definition of spitefulness in this instance. 

I can't even understand half of what you've written so have a smite and a multitude of emoticons from me on behalf of the Campaign for Plain English!  ;D ;) :D :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:02:26 pm by Fred A-M »

DavidH

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 07:50:33 pm »
No late surge in the no vote then. What a shame - I wanted to smite all those who failed to exercise their democratic right to vote, and now I won't get the chance.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 08:06:01 pm »
The forum has spoken - karma is no more.

Stutho