Author Topic: how to fix taillight to  (Read 6008 times)

jags

how to fix taillight to
« on: December 31, 2007, 11:21:50 pm »
is there a handy way of fixing a tail light to the tubus logo rack. :-\i have two cateye lights witch dont fit any ideas

PH

Re: how to fix taillight to
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 01:44:39 am »
There's probably a dozen ways to bodge it, or you could spend £3 on one of these;
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360032017&N=Cateye Rear Carrier Mounting
Works fine on my Tubus rack with any of my 3 Cateye lights.

jags

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:59:58 pm »
thanks for that ph,  perfect.

neil_p

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:49:59 pm »
Has anyone managed to fix that cateye bracket to a Thorn rear rack using screws? I had to use zipties which far from satisfactory for fussy old me!  :)

julk

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 01:52:54 pm »
If the screw holes are at 50mm or 80mm centres then a nut with a washer and bolt should do a neat fixing each side to the rear plate.
The supplied self tapping screws are for fixing into something like soft plastic which will cut a thread easily, but make a mess of the rear plate on a thorn rack.
Stagonset is a good cheap source of small quantities of stainless fixings.

bobs

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 05:27:27 am »
Has anyone managed to fix that cateye bracket to a Thorn rear rack using screws? I had to use zipties which far from satisfactory for fussy old me!  :)

I just zip tied the clip mounting through one of the holes on the plate. works fine.

Bob

David

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 11:42:46 pm »
I have the Thorn rack onmy Nomad, and have fitted a pair of TL-D 1100s directly to the plate.

File down the stub so that the back is flat and then usingthe cateye bolt simply bolt the lights to the plate, angling so that both lights fit..... End result is two very bright lights in a "V" shape.

neil_p

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:47:50 am »
Thanks for the advice - I might stick with zip-ties or I might try and make it a bir more permanent with screws.