Author Topic: Thorn Sizing  (Read 2387 times)

AJD

Thorn Sizing
« on: December 04, 2007, 04:31:16 pm »
I hope to buy a Thorn EXP-R in the new year and was curious about other peoples experience of choosing the frame size. I don't have a current bicycle to measure from so would be using Thorn's guidance with the height / stand over height approach. How have people got on with this?

ians

Re: Thorn Sizing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:44:56 pm »
Hi

I used their guidance to buy my RST and it's the best fitting bike I've ever owned.  I did go down to Bridgewater (160 miles each way) but it was money well spent in my view.  But lots of people here have bought blind.

ian

julk

Re: Thorn Sizing
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:00:45 pm »
I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised by the good fit of your new eXp R, although you may have to fine tune the saddle fore and aft position and height without an old bike to take those measurements from. You will be covered by the 100 days warranty in case you really cannot live with the new bike. It is worth asking how long it will take to make after ordering, you may be looking at 3 months or longer in the busy spring season.

In my case I live too far from Bridgwater for a casual visit.
I discussed, ordered and specced my Thorn eXp using mostly phone calls and a couple of e-mails. I did have an old bike to take measurements from and this was used as part of the order process.

The bike when it arrived fitted me perfectly, although I didn't appreciate this until I tried adjusting the odd thing.
Any adjustments I made I ended up putting back to the original positions as being the best.

Over all a very high customer satisfaction rating.