Author Topic: Thorn Nomad Mk3 Rohloff 650b – 58L - High Specification – 2024 - £2,600 ono  (Read 23 times)

melric

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Reluctantly selling my Thorn Nomad Mk3 58L Rohloff, custom built by SJS Cycles in 2024.

This is a high-specification expedition/touring bike with 2,537.8 km on the clock — according to Garmin!. It was built specifically for me by Thorn and the original invoice total was £4,138.61.

I'm selling because recent marriage has curtailed my long-disance touring career  ;D

Specification

* Size 58L
* Colour Red Imron
* Rear wheel: Ryde Rival 650b 32h disc Rohloff 14spd CC Disc Hub, 17T sprocket (QR)
* Front wheel: Ryde Rival 650b 32h disc SON dynamo hub (thru axle) — (dynamo supplied by me and has done a further 7000 km)
* Chainring: Thorn 42T
* Brakes: Shimano Deore XT BR-M8100
* Crankset: Thorn 104/64 PCD Triple Crankset MK2 - Black - 170mm
* Handlebar: Surly Moloko 735mm handlebars with cork tape with cork flecks and gel backing and Ergon GC1 grips
* Brakes: Shimano CUES hydraulic 2-pot disc brakes with 180mm rotors
* Saddle: Brooks B17 black leather with rain cover
* Chain: KMC E1 Rohloff-compatible chain
* Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Almotion EVO 27.5 x 2.15
* Mudguards: SKS Chromoplastic (not fitted in photos)
* Lights: Sinewave beacon front light (supplied by me and has done a further 7000+ km) / SON rear light
* No pedals

As indicated above, the SON dynamo hub and front light were supplied by me rather than being new components. They had previously done around 7000 km.

Condition

The bike has covered a little over 2,500 km and is mechanically in perfect working order. However, I want to be completely upfront about the cosmetics.

There are a number of scratches and marks on the frame and forks from riding and from air transport. There is also a small dent in the downtube. I have had the dent assessed and have been quoted £60 to repair it, unpainted, by Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol, a company recommended by Thorn.

I've deliberately not had the dent repaired before selling the bike. I'd rather the buyer sees the bike exactly as it is rather than having a repair carried out immediately before sale. I'll provide clear photographs of all the scratches and the dent, so there will be no surprises for the buyer.

Size

58L, suitable for a taller rider. The bike was built for me at 186 cm / 6'1" tall.

The SJS build sheet records:

* Height: 1860mm
* Barefoot saddle-over-height: 850mm
* Arm length: 1885mm

Documentation

Original SJS Cycles invoice and build specification included.

Frame number: N580L23008

Fork number: 480623

The original invoice records the complete build and a total paid of £4,138.61.  The purchase of the dynamo hub and front light are not included in that price.

Location

Nottingham, UK

I'd prefer collection so that the buyer can inspect and ride the bike before committing to purchase, but will consider delivery at buyer's expense.

Price

£2,600 ono

I'm not looking for silly offers, but I'm happy to have a sensible discussion with someone who is genuinely interested.

I can provide plenty of photographs and answer any questions about the build, condition or sizing.