Author Topic: For Sale: Red Thorn Raven 26inch size L  (Read 141 times)

djd828

For Sale: Red Thorn Raven 26inch size L
« on: April 15, 2024, 09:13:00 pm »
For sale is a very lightly used red Thorn Raven bike--frame size L.  This is an extra special bike that several forum members helped me piece together several years ago.  You will see the care I put into it when you review the parts list.  Unfortunately, my plans for a big trip never transpired and this bike (and the Rohloff hub) has less than 800 total miles.  I still have several bikes in my stable, and I am selling this one to add a fast gravel bike. 

I will be driving from Louisville to Maine on Saturday 4/20 and plan to take it to Maine with me for riding this summer.  However, I would be willing to sell it anywhere along the drive up to Maine.

The parts list:

-Velocity Cliffhanger rims
-Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 42-559 (26x1.6) tires
-Tubus front and rear racks
-Son 28 generator hub
-Luxos Lumotec front light
-Son taillight
-Shimano Deore XT brakes
-Chris King Headset
-Thomson Stem
-Red Arkel Handlebar bag included
-Ergon GP1 grips
-B+M Cyclestar mirror
-Spurcycle bell on right and twist grip bell on left
-Honjo fenders
-Rohloff Speedhub (I will change the oil this week)
-SKF square taper bottom bracket
-Brooks Cambium Saddle
-Arundel bottle cages x 2
-White Industries One cranks
-White Industries front chainring
-Blackspire platform pedals
-Thomson seatpost
-Jones H-Bar handlebar 710mm

The bike rates a 9 out of 10 and is in near mint condition.  The only small thing I notice is a small paint scratch on the top tube (shown in one of the pictures).  Because of the condition, low miles on the bike and the quality of the parts I used, I am asking $4,200 OBO.   If it doesn't sell, I won't be heartbroken as I put a lot of time and money putting this together.

I will post the exact gearing I chose shortly.  I wanted to get this post out quickly before I start traveling on Saturday.

I will also post this on the NYC Craigslist.

Link to additional photos: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmkpinsnXSiyhtZ7tJLiD3mVLb4kKQ?e=Ccv6tI

Thanks,
Dave

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 09:20:18 pm by djd828 »

in4

Re: For Sale: Red Thorn Raven 26inch size L
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 07:06:09 am »
Very attractive, in go faster red too. Someone stateside is going to have a great summer. Good luck with your sale.

djd828

Re: For Sale: Red Thorn Raven 26inch size L
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 04:24:36 pm »
Thanks!  Yes, I hope it gets a chance see the open road instead of the inside of my garage and travel to some of the places I never made it to. I had big plans, but alas.