Author Topic: Thorn Brevit  (Read 312 times)

Biggles

• Own Thorn Brevit 63cm
Thorn Brevit
« on: February 07, 2024, 04:38:47 pm »
Hi All ,
I have just acquired a Thorn Brevit circa 1995 model. Does anybody have any info on where the Brevit sits in the early Thorn range ? It's in great condition and I am hoping to change/adjust the headset and possibly bars to accommodate a more relaxed riding position. The reach is to far for me so will look for shorter stem with bit of a rise. I will try and post photo.
Thanks Paul ( first post)

mickeg

Re: Thorn Brevit
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 09:37:08 am »
If you do any internet searches, spelling the model as Brevet might give you more success.

PH

Re: Thorn Brevit
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 04:29:13 pm »
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.
In 1995 there wasn't much of a range for the Brevet to sit in!  I'm going to guess it was aimed to undercut custom frames while still being competitive against stock frames.  So it wouldn't have been built to the very highest artisan standard, but better than anything from the average bike shop.  It might have pre-dated the Audax model, when that did come along it was considered a class above the Brevet, filled brazed instead of lugged and an upgraded tubeset, but by the time production moved to Taiwan I doubt there was any point in offering both. 

How are you getting on with it?