My last post went 菟oof� so I値l do another. As I told Dan in my PM, it痴 a forum post, not my memoirs. I値l get over it.
Greetings from the Crask Inn! I have been very fortunate with the Scottish weather, only 1 1/2 hours of pouring rain in 3 weeks. I have had 10 or more days of blue sky and temperatures near 20. The wind has been my biggest enemy, with probably 2 out of 3 days being in my face. My luck appears to be ending. Cold and rain are on the way, so I will return to Inverness by Tuesday, and relax until my flight.
Today I left Tongue, with a cold, strong headwind. I was running on empty when I arrived at the Crask Inn. Time for a spot of lunch. While settling the tab, I asked Shane, the proprietor, where he was from, as he had a North American accent. 溺ichigan� was the reply. 滴ow did you wind up here� I ask. 的 was the only Episcopal minister (the inn is owned by the church, gifted by the previous owner) qualified as a bartender who was willing to move here� (!!)
We chatted for quite awhile, and the conversation came around to how hotels jack up rates sometimes 屠ust because�. For example, where I have booked in Inverness for 」90 on Thursday, wants 」229 on Wednesday. 展e don稚 do that here� Shane says. 典he price is always the same�
鄭nd how much would that be?� I ask. 謄89, including dinner and breakfast. Let痴 see. I can ride to Lairg and get a tent pitch for about 」15, then buy supper for at least 」20 ( if I知 quick enough as the only place open today closes at 6). Throw in 」10 for breakfast. It痴 a no brainer for me. I知 staying here, in a warm bed.
Now, about the Crask Inn. Shane and his wife Mack ( yes, like Mack the knife) are two of the most friendly, gracious hosts you will ever meet. And Shane is an awesome chef. Supper was one of the best of the trip. If you ride by here, stop in and say hello. You will not be disappointed.