Author Topic: I'm not looking for any commission but...  (Read 1665 times)

jonnystv

• DARE Foundation
I'm not looking for any commission but...
« on: June 13, 2023, 08:46:06 pm »
(Not sure if this is the right section!)

In 2011 I cycled (mostly) from Edinburgh to Kenya on my trusty Thorn Nomad MkII.

Along the way, while leaving Belgrade, I was accosted by a couple of young men declaring 'We're cycle tourists too! Where are you heading?'

So a couple of days later I'm being put up by Nened and his family. The hospitality from Nened's family was more than heart warming. They put me up for three nights no questions asked. His sister spent those nights at a friend's (she shared a room with her brother) so there was room for me. I had a wonderful few days of hospitality from Nened and his family before I headed south.

Twelve years later I have discovered that not only is Nened a proud member of the French Foreign Legion, he has bought himself a brand new Thorn Nomad! In his words from a chat this evening, after I had extolled the Nomad's virtues:

"I know that is a great cycle. This is a reason why I buying Nomad. And all thanks to you that you spoke me about quality and durability of Nomad."

You've just got to love people, and you've just got to love the wonderful world we can explore on our bikes, slowly enough to meet real people.

Happy touring
Jonny
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 08:48:14 pm by jonnystv »

in4

Re: I'm not looking for any commission but...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 06:23:59 am »
A great story confirming what we all know, that those who cycle are generally a thoroughly decent lot.

jul

Re: I'm not looking for any commission but...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 01:08:27 am »
This bike is really awesome

And about yours Jonny, do you have a photo for us ?  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 01:09:59 am by jul »