Author Topic: Four month review - Audax Mk4  (Read 925 times)

TodmordenLad

Four month review - Audax Mk4
« on: May 09, 2023, 02:56:49 pm »
I’ve been using the Thorn Audax Mk4, which I assembled at the beginning of the year, for 4 months now as a daily exercise bike. I use my non-Thorn tourer for all other duties.
One particular highlight is the Thorn built wheelset. Its nothing exotic but the DT Swiss R 460/Deore T610/Schwabe One 30mm combo really works well – smooth and fast, and not one ping from the spokes so far.
It’s a sweet ride and I’m sure that the pretty 858 fork makes a big difference to the overall comfort and lack of vibration through the bars.
I didn't go with a rear disc brake but opted instead for a set of TRP RG957 rim brakes, which work very well - nice to use, with lots of feel.
The only thing I’ve changed in my build is the saddle – I bought a new Brooks B17 Standard and I’ve swapped it for a well-seasoned B17 Narrow, which was getting zero use on another family bike. What a difference! I’m getting too old for this breaking-in palaver.

PH

Re: Four month review - Audax Mk4
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 09:07:19 am »
Glad it's suiting you, if the only thing you've changed in four months is the saddle, it shows you made the right choices when building.