Author Topic: Old hub has started slipping. Need suggestions for servicing.  (Read 9854 times)

Tiberius

Re: Old hub has started slipping. Need suggestions for servicing.
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2023, 08:22:06 am »
Excellent response from both Rohloff and SJS - the hippy in me also likes the idea of Rohloff recycling the old parts.

Many thanks for the update.

PH

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2023, 09:45:09 am »
Frankly, I'm staggered. So effectively I now have a new hub  :)
What a fantastic outcome, I'm staggered as well, that's beyond a reasonable expectation.  I wonder if some part of that is due to SJS being the supplier and dealing with it?  I've read of other issues not being dealt with so favourably, not badly, just not as good.     

mickeg

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2023, 12:16:43 pm »
Frankly, I'm staggered. So effectively I now have a new hub  :)
What a fantastic outcome, I'm staggered as well, that's beyond a reasonable expectation.  I wonder if some part of that is due to SJS being the supplier and dealing with it?  I've read of other issues not being dealt with so favourably, not badly, just not as good.   

I am sure that Rohloff is working hard to make sure that SJS continues to be happy with Rohloff, and SJS is doing well to take care of someone that might want to buy another bike someday.

I have had some great luck with some manufacturers and some terribly bad luck with others.