Author Topic: Thorn Raven Enduro for sale £650 - now provisionally SOLD  (Read 2443 times)

CWM

Thorn Raven Enduro for sale £650 - now provisionally SOLD
« on: April 11, 2023, 07:55:45 pm »
Raven Enduro mountain bike for sale.
Size 559M
Rohloff rear hub, Hope front hub
Hope hydraulic disc brakes
Fox Talas RLC suspension fork. Can be adjusted to create more or less travel, at the turn of a  knob.
Mavic 717 disc rims
Schwalbe tyres, Fat Albert front, Nobby Nic rear
Ergon grips, quite worn
Thorn front chainring 39T, rear is Rohloff, I would need to check number of teeth if you want to know, but in good order.
This has been only lightly used, as I have too many bikes. It is in reasonable condition. Only things to note is a little surface rust and the hope brakes require the hydraulic fluid replaced/bled. The brakes work, but clearly need a service.
Fork works well, rohloff hub works fine, had proper oil changes before I stopped using the bike.
At one point I overtightened the screws that hold the eccentric bottom bracket in place, and one of the bosses started to come loose.  I had the BB shell welded by a reputable welding company in Inverness.  All fine now, screws operate as they should and eccentric moves as it should.   
I can supply the Rohloff serial number to interested parties, and also the frame number.
Looking for £650.
Prefer collection from Aviemore, but could also deliver to anywhere between Aviemore and Edinburgh, Inverness and some places north, if a sale was pre-agreed. Might be persuaded to post.
Happy to answer questions and supply more photos.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 08:19:49 am by CWM »

PH

Re: Thorn Raven Enduro for sale £650
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 09:21:55 pm »
That's an absolute bargain for someone, I've seen Rohloff wheelsets sell for that sort of money.  Hope someone who can use it snaps it up soon, I'm almost tempted just for the parts.

CWM

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 06:07:17 pm »
Thanks PH. Hopefully it suits someone. It has lingered in my shed o'er long and I am hoping the price is sufficiently persuasive. If the numbers add up I would be happy to split it and sell as parts.

Pavel

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 04:47:05 am »
What would shipping to the USA cost?

CWM

Re: Thorn Raven Enduro for sale £650 - provisionally SOLD
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 08:19:14 am »
Now provisionally sold, subject to collection next week.  Thanks for your interest.